At £39.00/mo minimum - not in this house, it won't. 😀
John
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Sky Glass

@jab1 wrote:
At £39.00/mo minimum - not in this house, it won't. 😀

Price includes a 4k TV which makes it a reasonable deal.  Alternatively you can buy Android TVs with access to all their apps to load directly into your TV.

What would be useful would be the facility for Sky subscibers to watch on other TVs via the Now TV App. Sky do noe even allow streaming from an iPad to a smart TV which is hardly a customer friendly tactic if you have paid a subscription.

I get most of my HD TV from a £20 Roku Express (same manufacturer of Sky Glass TV)  or an old Apple TV link.

Technology moves fast with no shortage of customers, yet.......

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@TeeGee I know it 'includes' the TV, but as I watch very little on the box, I was commenting merely from my viewpoint, which was that it would be an expensive piece of oversized (for my small cottage) underused furniture.

And in any case, I dislike SKY.

John
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@jab1  I can relate to people not liking SKY🤔

After Freeserve, we were with 02 broadband which sold us to SKY, who were useless, and when SKY started charging us £5 a month for NOT having SKY TV, we left on principle, so I'm not a SKY fan either.Thumbs_Up

I wonder who is going to remove all those redundant SKY satellite dishes and the BSB Squarial I still see next to the Hutchinson Rabbit sign🤔Funny

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I'll raise you Ionica aerials .... I know where there are several still attached to chimneys in a nearby town (Cambridgeshire). 🙂
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Sky are a business who make money by giving the customer what they want at a price they are prepared to pay.

Having said that it amazes me just how much some people are prepared to pay. Entertainment of every sort is not cheap. Going to the cinema with a family of four will cost every bit as much as a good sky sub, and that is for one film only. 

The next development is that Sky are said to be in talks with Virgin Media. There are a lot of unused VM connection in our road with not very fast BT/OR broadband.  It could get lively.