Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard not working at all

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 7

Re: Safeguard not working at all

To add to Bob's post, this was fixed on Friday lunchtime, might have been slightly intermittent for a short window which could explain what @Percy2 was seeing with it being fixed and then not working again.

The way I've always looked at Safeguard is that it's designed more for the younger children who might inadvertently stumble across something, like if they'd heard an Australian talking about their footwear and tried searching for it.

If you know how to, you can get around all sorts of things but that's a very deliberate choice.

Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
CuriousSideny
Dabbler

Great stuff - thanks guys, I've returned settings back to the default and everything is working as expected again - thanks for getting this sorted!

Percy2
Grafter

Just wondering what anyone else is seeing. Sites were blocked last night 06/08/24 but not blocked at tea-time today 07/02/24

P

P.S. I haven't changed, reset, or re-booted anything

CuriousSideny
Dabbler

Seems okay to me. I did an "ipconfig /flushdns" and then tried a command line "nslookup" for three dodgy sites and they all returned the same IP address (i.e. they were being redirected to the same "you can't go here" address) so that seems to be working correctly.

Also google safesearch cannot be disabled, so again: all working correctly for me.