Reward card

FIXED
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Reward card

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @grahamb47

So with MoneySavingExpert, any form of promotion is handled solely by themselves, so don't really see much of it on our end. however, looking at the promotion code on the account - 2122fib4045a0ttl, it doesn't look like one of our affiliate codes if I'm honest. sometimes, if you're using private browsing, the correct cookies won't transfer across from the MSE site to our own. Either way, our system hasn't picked it up. 

I've just seen your response on the open ticket on the account too, do you have a dated screenshot at all that we can match up with the date the account was created? 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
grahamb47
Hooked

Hi, I believe that the screenshot was attached to my reply on the open ticket. If not could you supply a link so that I can send it. Thanks
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot @grahamb47, it looks like our Customer Services Team have raised a cashback escalation with the relevant team on our end to get looked into. 

I've seen the screenshot, though a date on the screenshot showing when it was taken would be helpful. Let's see what our cashback escalation team come back with. Smiley 

Adam
Lynzi13

Seems like this is just a con to try and get people to sign up. Bit of a coincidence that so many of us are saying the exact same thing. All promised the reward card and none of us received it. Because you can't find the offer that we signed up under I know for a fact I signed up under plusnet site and not a third party as I was speaking to someone on chat at the time who talked me through signing up. It's a pretty rubbish scam. Just means when contracts are up, we will go elsewhere !!
grahamb47
Hooked

I think what has happened in my case is that I was using the DuckDuck Go browser which is good for privacy and not tracking you but probably prevents info that Plusnet require to prove that you have signed by via a third party link. Lesson learned!
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Lynzi13

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way and I really do appreciate your feedback. I can see that my colleague tried to gain more information here within the redemption window, but I can't see any reply back. As the redemption window has expired I am unable to escalate this further as the offer has now expired. 

I am really sorry for the frustrations this has caused. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Lynzi13 wrote:
Seems like this is just a con to try and get people to sign up. Bit of a coincidence that so many of us are saying the exact same thing. All promised the reward card and none of us received it. 

It is far from a con, but the technology so essential for making this work - tracking cookies - is all too readily crippled by so called "security" tools both within and added to browsers.

If there is a con here, it is not that users do not get their reward cards, but that they convince themselves that paying more to get a reward card, is a better deal than simply looking for a best price option WITHOUT cashback.

Sadly marketing really do believe that for a 12 month contract USERS would rather pay £25pcm with a £70 cashback than just £19pcm with no sweetener - it is endemic in the market place.  If there is a con here, it is the users conning themselves into thinking they get something for nothing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

grahamb47
Hooked

Had a reply to my reward card query this morning. Now telling me that if I signed up via a third party link, in my case Moneysaving expert, then I have to claim the reward through them, really!!!
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's correct @grahamb47, it's an affiliate promotion, not offered directly by ourselves, so any queries / escalations ought to go through them. 

Adam