cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS record update

kentr7
Hooked

Reverse DNS record update

Could I ask for updating  the reverse DNS record of my static IP address 31.125.244.87 to point to my domain sitek.uk. The MX record is already in place.

Thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 425

Re: Reverse DNS record update

@kentr7 Im sure one of the staff will be along shortly (well maybe not so shortly due to Xmas) to request this for you.

In the meantime you should add the forward A record pointing to your static IP, to your DNS as Netops(who process the request) will check for that as confirmation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kentr7
Hooked

Thanks, @MisterW . All the necessary DNS records are in place.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 100

Hey there, I have raised a ticket on 
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=239155965

Please let me know when you have replied and I will get it actioned for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
kentr7
Hooked

Thank you very much! A response has been sent and I will wait for good news from you. I hope the email will not be stopped by an overzealous spam filter...

kentr7
Hooked

Unfortunately, the email has has been bounced.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Not sure what you mean by the email, you just need to login to your account and add a reply to the ticket

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kentr7
Hooked

I cannot sea any way of replying to the ticket... 'I need to add more details' is the only thing I can see... so hope that is it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, that's it!

kentr7
Hooked

Thanks for the advice. It is not exactly clear.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 100

I have raised it over for you now and I would expect it to be done within the next week. Netops won't be working until at least the 27th now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
kentr7
Hooked

Thank you very much. There is no rush but I wanted to have it done before the New Year, so I will keep checking.