Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems transferring out domain names

FIXED
gandb1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Problems transferring out domain names

Like so many others, I'm leaving Plusnet due to the lack of an FTTP offering, So last Tuesday I logged a call for the IPS tags on my 3 registered-and-hosted .co.uk domains  to be changed (gtsagedev.do.uk, strumblebandb.co.uk, geoffandbeth.co,uk).

Today, Nominet is still showing the registrar to be Plusnet, so the IPS tags haven't been changed. But Nslookup returns no DNS records - the DNS records appear to have been deleted.

Another call logged - up to 3 working days to be looked at.  So no email or websites until next Wednesday?  

How I wish I'd just paid the Nominet fee and done it myself!

3 REPLIES 3
gandb1
Grafter

Re: Problems transferring out domain names

Fix
I've now changed registrar through Nominet
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @gandb1,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. Has this now been resolved or do you require any further assistance?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gandb1
Grafter

It's now resolved, thanks: all 3 domains and emails now up and running on a new host.

My advice to anyone who wants to transfer domains away from Plusnet would be to use the (£12) Nominet service to change the IPS tags rather than the (free) Plusnet one!

I appreciate that Plusnet is no longer a web hosting company, so it's a bit much to expect the frontline support staff to deal with this sort of thing; it's just a pity that the messages don't seem to get through to the right NetOps people - I may be wrong but it seems they have a separate call/job handling system from the main support ticket system, so don't see what's on those tickets, or any comments with further information that I've added.