cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect message/download issues

lavender48
Hooked

Plusnet Protect message/download issues

I've had Plusnet Protect for several years (now sure how long). Got a Windows message yesterday, something about Firewall and Dropbox which implied a security issue with Dropbox.  So have tried to get the Plusnet Protect info screen up from the taskbar but get a message saying I have to wait while "an update is being installed" - this has lasted 24 hours. From the Programs list, and from the screen icon, nothing shows.

So I've downloaded a fresh copy of Plusnet Protect. No new icons, nothing's changed there.  I just get 'Web Advisor' popping up on Chrome.  I can't find anywhere to put in preferences or check it's working. 

We're on Windows 7.

Can anyone help and tell me what's happened, and what I can do? Had to wait too long on Chat or Phone ...

1 REPLY 1
lavender48
Hooked

Re: Plusnet Protect message/download issues

Since yesterday the computer was closed down. On re-opening there was a McAfee message saying to re-start.  After re-starting, and a few minutes delay, the McAfee screen has re-appeared saying the computer is secure.  Not straightforward, but it seems to be working and accessible now.