cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect - Norton

Gazzer
Dabbler

Plusnet Protect - Norton

Usual confusion from Plusnet. I had an email cancelling Plusnet Protect - Norton and at the exact same time but delivered after  another email thanking me for my order. I know they are in the process of switching to Norton but as usual have managed to confuse me. Has any one had the same or does anyone know what is actually going on.

13 REPLIES 13
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Plusnet Protect - Norton

@Gazzer  I wouldn't bother trying to get Norton, I just have Windows Defender which is considered to be pretty good.

Have a look at this thread for the Norton disaster.🙄

Norton Problems 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Gazzer, could you send me a private message with your username please so I can have a look into this for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
R75
Dabbler

@Gazzer 

FYI

The Plusnet roll-out of Norton PlusnetProtect has been a failure.

See here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Issue-with-Processing-Norton-for-Plusnet-Order/td-p/18...

"3 hours on phone getting bounced between Plusnet and Norton.(6 different calls!)

Both admitted this is a known problem affecting multiple cutomers and that teams within Plusnet and Norton are trying to fix it.  However, general awareness by call centre staff in both companies is very poor, with each trying to blame the other.

Plusnet suggested I download AVG (free) until the issue can be resolved!  It is a major issue within Plusnet and is considered an Incident Management Task (IMT)  I would suggest you quote this to anyone you speak with at Plusnet/Norton.  Doesn't bode well for a quick resolution......."

Norton promised to call me within 24-48 hours, but didn't bother.

Both Plusnet and Norton are now ignoring me.

R75
Dabbler

Finally just spoke with Customer Services (after waiting since last week)

Plusnet are unable to do anything about it.. They will only refer any issue to Norton. They state it is nothing to do with Plusnet.

This failure does not count as a breach of terms & conditions, according to Plusnet, so any customer affected by this are on their own.  Consequently, as Plusnet refuse to do anything, I have asked for a 'deadlock letter' in order to refer the matter to the Ombudsman.

Appalling customer treatment.  Avoid Plusnet at all costs

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see this R75, I can see that you're communicating with our complaints team so they'll make sure we're doing all we can to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@R75  I'll join RealAleMadrid in suggesting that you don't bother with Norton, or Plusnet's clunky email. Both are free, and as always you get what you pay for. I pay £3 pm for an independent email supplier so can move BB whenever I wish though I'm fully satisfied with PN's BB service which is excellent value.

I dropped Norton many years ago because of many snags and the pestering for months before it was due for renewal. Used Kaspersky for years before Russia's invasion of Ukraine and security warnings from several governments. Had already been thinking about Windows Defender after reviews showing it far improved from the early versions, so removed Kaspersky even with nine months' payment on five machines still to run and opened Defender instead. No problems whatever so far.

I wouldn't install Norton if I was offered a year's package for free.

R75
Dabbler

@adamwalker 

Communicating with your complaints team is as pointless as the rest of customer service. 

Plusnet has washed it hands of the issue; "it's not Plusnet's problem, contact Norton". Norton say "it's Plusnet's problem" and repeat ad infinitum.

Consequently my next stop is the Ombudsman, the media, and anyone else I can make aware of Plusnet's failure.

austinsom
Grafter

I'll be interested to see how these plays out - especially as the online security and parental controls is trumpeted as one of the elements that 'gives you more'.  Given this fact, I don't see how failing to provide it can't be a breach of contract law, unless they manage to thrash a deal out with you and others who may complain, whether that be a partial refund or something else.

I'm also waiting to see what the 'fix' is before deciding whether to also lodge a complaint.  As I said previously, I don't really need it, but it is more the principle that a provided element is not being provided.  I am happy to scoot about and find another solution, for some customers the fact the AV software is provided may be one of the reasons they signed up in the first place. This is not a good look Plusnet...

R75
Dabbler

@austinsom 

This is my position.  It is promoted at part of the Plusnet package (that I pay for). Irrespective that they make no charge for it is irrelevent, it forms an intrinsic part of the service they are providing to me.

From my conversation with Plusnet customer services (an oxymoron if ever there was) yesterday, they have no solution and won't have. I had previuosly been told by a Plusnet tech support that the problem was a major internal issue for both Plusnet and Norton.  It would now appear they are unable to provide a solution and have abandoned their customers.

They are trying to blame Norton, who in turn blame Plusnet.  Norton is a third party software supplier to Plusnet.  My contract is with Plusnet and it is their responsibility. It can only be accessed via a link in my Plusnet account, not via Norton direct.

Plusnet Residential T&Cs:

1.1. We'll provide you with access to the Internet, helpdesk services, and any other equipment, applications and features as described at www.plus.net/broadband.

Plusnet Protect T&Cs:

1. What we provide

1.1. We'll provide security software that includes and anti-virus protection and a personal firewall.

Therefore failure to do so is a breach.  Furthermore if they do not do so it is also a breach of ASA standards.

I would suggest that anyone affected by this failure contacts Plusnet at the earliest opportunity.

R75
Dabbler

@austinsom 

FYI this other thread might be of interest to you.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Switch-to-Norton/m-p/1878515#M29090

Plusnet have admitted the on-going failure is entirely their responsibility.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @Gazzer

The Norton issue appears to be resolved, have you tried downloading it from your Member Centre recently?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Gazzer
Dabbler

Hi @adam945 

Due to the issue / delay and the need to have an active anti-virus I am now using an alternative.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah fair enough, thanks for letting us know and I'm really sorry for the issues we had at the start. Let me know if you have any further questions at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds