Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Call hold mucic

FIXED
Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Plusnet Call hold mucic

Recently heard a "Fleetwood Mac" remix of "Everywhere" whilst on hold, anyone which specific remix it is?

Searched hi and low for it including attempting to Shazam it while on hold.
14 REPLIES 14
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Plusnet Call hold mucic

@Deejsay1210 are you sure it's original and not a [-Censored-]ty cover version from a garage bought CD?

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Idk dude, hold music is`nt the best quality, sounded to me like the usual piano driven, organ bass house with the original Fleetwood Mac accapella used (well, either that or the original song filtered down a little and edited but dont quote me on that) 😁

Mmmmmm..... Uplifting housy piano riffs, YUMMY ! Think I might consume some for breakfast.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Deejsay1210, I don't know myself (not heard our hold music in a while to be honest) but I have raised the question internally for you to someone who I've been advised could potentially know (no guarantees I'm afraid). It looks like they are out the office until Monday but if I get an answer for you, I'll let you know!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Deejsay1210 wrote:
Recently heard a "Fleetwood Mac" remix of "Everywhere" whilst on hold, anyone which specific remix it is?

Searched hi and low for it including attempting to Shazam it while on hold.

It's been a while since I've had the misfortune to hear any PN hold music, but unless things have radically improved I'd be surprised if Shazam could recognise anything from PN's distorted repertoire. 🤔

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Thanks Lauren, I wasn`t expecting anyone to be that interested in finding out for me but I`m grateful for whatever you can do !

It`s nice to be asking a question that doesnt involve my bad internet connection for once 😂

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

@198kHz  "I'd be surprised if Shazam could recognise anything from PN's distorted repertoire"

Couldn`t have put it better myself 😁

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

About 4 years ago I remember trying to find out a particular song from our old hold music, and through asking a lot of people around the business, I couldn't find the right person, but I hope Lauren has better luck than me now!

A couple of years ago, I found a Spotify playlist Here someone put together of what we used to have as our hold music.

I don't know if it's the full list, though I do recognise a good few of the songs from my time taking inbound calls and warm-transferring customers outside of my skilset to other departments. 

Every now and then I like to listen to that as I've got a thing for nostalgia.

If I remember correctly, this was pre-2017? Possibly pre-2018? I know we changed it to something generic around then and I actually didn't realise we have proper music playing again. ‌Thumbs_Up‌ 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hiya @Deejsay1210 I have not long since received an email from the contact I was given and have informed me that they contacted another team who have advised them the song is Everywhere by Jennifer Cooke.

I've just had a quick check on my break and this is on Spotify, so hopefully it's the right version for you!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Deejsay1210
Dabbler

SPOT ON ! Thanks loads, much appreciated (yep, its the right one)..... now I just have to learn to dance properly.

Do I LOVE music ? Yes.

Have I been Djìng since the age of 13 ? Yes.

Am I currently a music producer ? Yes.

Can I dance ? Ermmmmm, that would be a GIGANTIC NOPE, Not if my life depends on it 😁

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I Can't Dance (Genesis) - my theme song.  😊

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Deejsay1210 wrote:

Do I LOVE music ? Yes.

Have I been Djìng since the age of 13 ? Yes.

Am I currently a music producer ? Yes.

@Deejsay1210 

And are you true to your username with a set of the old Technics 1s and 2s ?  Cool Cheesy

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

@RobPN

Lol, is that a serious question ? I`m old skool dude and get quite annoied when people call theirselves "Dj`s" but yet have never touched a deck or a piece of vinyl in their lives. Those kind of people who think Djìng involves a laptop, a bunch of MP3`s and a sync button tirgger me lol.

Now, Cd dex like Pioneer Cdj`s etc I dont mind as much although they are VERY easy to mix on and stay in beat much longer and better than the good old 1200`s do (plus you can timestretch your music so the speed increases dont alter the pitch).

Another thing I`d love a go on is serato, I`ve watched some mixing / scratching videos with it and its absolutley bang on, it behaves exactly as vinyl does but with the added benefit of not having to lug loads of heavy record boxes around/record bags. Rane also does some great hardware to go along with it although, again, I`d prefer to use what I already have.

So yeah dude, I`m true to the art, I can scratch, I can mix, I`ve Dj`d in several pubs in my local town of Chesterfield and was resident for the weekends at a pub called "Bar 69", my pair of beloved Technics 1210`s were there for a while as the pub didn`t have any. They got a real beating but are still going strong (I look after them and only had to replace the rca leads).

You into Djìng too I assume ? Its a GREAT feeling when you have a pub full of people all appreciating what you`re playing AND when the mixing flows along with the drink you couldnt wish for a better weekend, Ohhhhh how I miss those weekends !

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

@198kHz

🤣🤣👍🔊🎶🎧🎤

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Yep, serious question! Thumbs_Up

I'm not into DJ'ing, more into the appreciation of Wink