Re: Plusnet Broadband portal not displaying correctly

Just passing by to wish @Gandalf all the best in his new role 👍

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@jab1 

@bobpullen wrote:

AIUI, a fix has been coded but will need to go through the appropriate governance/code release controls before it is made live.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

OK, @Strat - if you want to be pedantic - the fix has not yet been released.😉

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Me....pedantic?. Perish the thought.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
colin_thames
Dabbler

Can't believe this is still an issue after 3 weeks.  I've only just discovered it when I wanted to download my bill yesterday.  Thought it was my browser.  Tried today and same problem, Chrome, Firefox (both on Win 10) and iPhone Chrome and Safari all have the same issue as others have reported.

Very tiresome.  Will have to call Plusnet tomorrow and ask them to email my bill to me.  Perhaps if we all do that the fix will magically get rolled out faster.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Did you read the topic - although I don't suffer the issue, as I am no longer a PN customer and can access the member centre anyway - for some reason - I understand there is a workaround to access anything other than the Account opening page, detailed in that topic.

John
colin_thames
Dabbler

I did, thanks jab1.  I didn't have any pages bookmarked, but after refreshing the page a few times I managed to click on a link to my billing section before the page disappeared.  Mind you, you have to have lightning fast reactions to click on anything.  It took me quite a few goes.

Perhaps this is replacement for the tea dunking game for Plusnet's members.  The prize being able to see your bill! 😅

Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I believe the fix will be deployed next week, likely Tuesday.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

colin_thames
Dabbler

Thanks Bob
Any idea why this has taken so long? Surely, when Plusnet realised the page changes were causing problems to customers unable to login they should have reverted to the previous page.
colin_thames
Dabbler

Thanks Dev
Will keep that bookmarked for future ‘events’ 😊
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@colin_thames wrote:
Thanks Bob
Any idea why this has taken so long? Surely, when Plusnet realised the page changes were causing problems to customers unable to login they should have reverted to the previous page.

I think this is a big indication of where the Management's priorities lie, i.e. not with good customer service.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@colin_thames wrote:
Thanks Bob

For whatever reason, it was determined that the fix was to be baselined/included in a routine software release. These work to a fixed schedule and there is a governance wrap around it so things take time to deploy.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Total_Chaos
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@SpendLessTime 

To be fair, though I was affected this it has only affected a few, therefore they had to find out why only certain account holders were affected. If they had just rolled it something that resolved their issue then that may have affected others, and other parts of the system that would have been an even bigger issue.  I would imagine that they had rolled out some update that affected those users, so they needed to understand why.  You need to understand that it's not like your home computer where you can try something out and it only affects you and possibly your family, it can affect thousands of accounts holders so it needs to be evaluated, tested, proved as far as possible that it will resolve the issue without affecting others, etc.  In the meantime a way to get into our accounts via the portal was provided

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Total_Chaos 

Worked for Financial Institutions in IT Infrastructure Management so I know quite a lot about this subject matter. 20 years at the coal face but your reply is a bit off hand!

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT