cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No contact from plusnet

pauldobson6
Dabbler

No contact from plusnet

Now been waiting 84 hours for plusnet to get intouch re fault on phone line. Have no phone or Internet working, all
Cables checked asdl filter changed, phone checked all OK, phone displays message check phone line.
Reported it 27th told be back by 1800 27th still waiting and unable to get any response or update from plusnet.
In the middle of dealing with mothers death a week ago sorting out estate etc sorting funeral etc having to spend time a friends, family and even having to pay and waste precious time at Internet cafe and local library to sort out.
For a company that advertises on tv about its customer support its quite appalling.
Also unable to access heating controls, amazon Disney + and netflix subscriptions.
33 REPLIES 33
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No contact from plusnet

Hi @pauldobson6

I'm firstly sorry for your loss, please accept my sincere condolences during what I know to be a very difficult time which is likely going to be harder because you haven't got a phone or broadband service to sort things out from. 

I can see this morning we've booked an engineer visit however upon checking to make sure the engineer's confirmed with Openreach, I can see our suppliers have cancelled the appointment because they're already aware of a problem in your area they're working to get to the bottom of as soon as they can.

I've however though re-raised a fault with Openreach just to be certain and we've received the following message "Line impacted with Major Service Outage". We'll continue to monitor via the support ticket on your account Here and we'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

Feel free to post back though if you do need further help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pauldobson6
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, is there any update from bt on this as it is now over a week and still no land line or internet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @pauldobson6

I'm sorry to see your service doesn't work still.

I've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk and I've been advised that the major service outage is still ongoing which is affecting around 347 other people.

Engineers are working around the clock to restore the service as soon as they possibly can and we've been advised we should know more by Monday next week.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pauldobson6
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, well its now day 13 without any phone or Internet, is there some news about what is happening.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @pauldobson6, I'm really sorry for the length of time this has been ongoing.

I have contacted our suppliers and have been advised the outage is now resolved but further work needed on your line externally.

We have been advised that we can expect an update on this tomorrow. I'm really sorry that you are still without service in the meantime and for the continued inconvenience caused by this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
pauldobson6
Dabbler

Just to let you know I am still without internet and land line, is there any update please?
My neighbour had their land line restored over a week ago.
Thanks
Paul
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @pauldobson6

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience that this fault is causing. It's gone on for quite a while now. Sad Our suppliers sent through what we call a Clear Notification on 08/11/2021, advising that the fault was now resolved. We had three days to confirm this on our end before the fault was then closed. As we didn't respond, due to our Tech Support Team not chasing this up with you, the fault then closed.

Tests on the line this afternoon have shown that the broadband circuit is still out of sync, and my phone line test could not complete either, so I've raised a new fault with our suppliers, and have update the open support ticket on your account.

All being well, our Tech Support team should pick up this ticket this coming week, and will advise you on what's being done to rectify the ongoing issue.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
pauldobson6
Dabbler

Thanks for update, I know most of this outage is beyond your control, but will there be any recompense, refund or goodwill gesture for the issues caused and total loss of service?
Thanks
Paul
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us.

I've just reviewed the fault that I re-raised yesterday and can confirm that your service is being affected by a Major Service Outage. We don't have a timescale for a resolution just yet, but Openreach are aware of the issue and will be working to resolve it as soon as possible.

In regards to a gesture of goodwill, there's an open complaint on the account, so once we can see that you're back up and running, our Technical Support Team will asses how long the fault has taken to resolve, and will be in touch to discuss a resolution to the complaint.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
pauldobson6
Dabbler

It's now 25 days and still no Internet or land line, is there any more update on this please
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @pauldobson6, I'm truly sorry for the length of time you have now been without service and for the lack of updates received.

I have contacted our suppliers today for you and have updated the ticket with the latest information we have.

I am really sorry for the continued inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
pauldobson6
Dabbler

So far still no phone line or Internet, any more update please?
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @pauldobson6,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with the service. I've had a look for an update this afternoon and whilst one isn't available just yet, reports indicate that work is being carried out on the case at some point today. Once the update becomes available our faults team will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this case further. Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pauldobson6
Dabbler

Is there any update on this please, still without land line, Internet, broadband etc.