Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat - Needs Fixing Please

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Live Chat - Needs Fixing Please

I have changed my "Adblocker" from Ghostery to " Disconnect "... apparently it is more efficient than Ghostery... and Ghostery has just done a major "update" revamping its pages, and also lost all my previous settings for whitelisted sites etc.

It`s like swimming in treacle on a dark night, trying to get it back... so I dumped them...

Now.. I`m trying to see if "Live Chat" will work, with current adblocker... but it seems that "Live Chat" is DEAD at the moment... it is displaying a notice..

On-line chat is currently unavailable please choose another option  

and "Start Chat" is "greyed out...

As I understand it... the powers that be had another notice there about the use of adblockers. 

I have my other laptop running on the same page, with no adblocker and the message is the same.. so..

can someone else have a look, at " Contact Us".. (top right of pages) and see if they have Live Chat working or not  ?

Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title by request of the OP.

118 REPLIES 118
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Re: Live chat Just a general query

LIve Chat showing 'Unavailable.'

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

However when opening tthe plusnet.com page, the Live Chat popup seems to be working ok.

I think it might be the 'Contact us' link that has a problem.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

No live chat available here from the 'Contact Us' page either (and yes I did shut down my adblocker)

John
shutter
Community Veteran

@cyrilclark1 wrote:

However when opening tthe plusnet.com page,

@cyrilclark1  Linky for that page please.... ? ? ?

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Sorry should have written: www.plus.net

shutter
Community Veteran

OK  Thanks for that....

Just double checked.... and you have to scroll right down to the end of the page almost.. and see "Live Chat" written on the side ... on the right hand side.. click that.. and it opens a chat box.

BIG PROBLEM.... this is what you get....

Sorry a Plusnet chat agent isn’t available at the minute, please refresh the page to try again. Chat is available 7 days a week from 7.30am – 10pm. Outside of these times, or if you want to talk about moving or faults, call us free of charge on 0800 023 2221 or 0330 123 9123 from a mobile

@Chris      Flagged up to you for further investigation and quick action to resolve.....

any plusnet staff who know about these things... better get a fix going.. cos I`m sure that many people would like to use the PROPER ROUTE to Live chat via the "CONTACT US" link on the top of the page..

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've reportedthis on the Community Feedback page to get better visibility.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We’re really busy on the phones at the moment and to try and help these customers better, we’ve moved more people to calls. If you were just wanting to test whether chat is working now you’ve changed your Adblocker, we’ll let you know when it’s back however, if you have a question you need resolving, let me know and I’ll help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Gandalf wrote:

We’re really busy on the phones at the moment and to try and help these customers better, we’ve moved more people to calls

@Gandalf is that at the expense of customer who want to use live chat?

Looking at the stats the average wait time today is nearly 30 mins

Why is it that PN can not get a proper sustained grip  on lowering wait times

It seems that they can fall for a month or so , then wait times are back up.

Given the amount of years this has gone on for , one would expect a fix in place to ensure wait times are at a reasonable level ( 5 mins ) for the majority of the time.

Is there anything out of the "norm" that is pushing the wait times up ? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@ITWorks i dont know if you have seen , recently there has been quite a few posts about incorrect and failed orders Sad

Obviously if the recent new agents are making mistakes with orders there is NO way calls will reduce Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran

Live Chat  ---  still not available... (todays date :  18 AUGUST 2017 )   please try later ...

Plusnet. "Award Winning Service".... HA HA HA...

seems like they will be getting an award alright... for the most unreliable, and ineffective "contact us" system EVER.

Live Chat has been disabled, DELIBERATELY, so that the phones have more people to answer the phone...

ERM>..

so those people who would normally get dealt with on LIVE CHAT in a reasonable amount of time, are now in the queue for an answer on the phone...

making the phone queue`s twice or three times the waiting time.. before ANYONE will answer .

So... how can it be, that shutting down one service , will improve the other  ? ?    perhaps @Chris can answer that one.. because since 2009,  he has been telling us... "Give us time... and we`ll get there "

see this thread...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

Its very long, and spans quite a few years of the "give us time" excuses...

Well , anyone waiting on the phone, might as well read it .... as they will need something to entertain them, to take away the earache caused by the terrible music and the constant nagging to use the on line services..

EDIT EDIT EDIT ... checking the "Longest call waiting time at 14:05  it seems like it is just over 9 minutes...    Surely this means that LIVE CHAT can be Re- Activated.  which should reduce the call waiting times even further.

It all boils down to two things.....  GET MORE STAFF  properly TRAINED...  and

SOLVE the problems that are causing the phone calls...

IMPROVE the Customer service workload, by reducing the problems, should lead to reduced number of phone calls for complaints/problems  and eventually, PN should be able to actually beleive their own motto

<  We`ll do you proud  >..

Until you can manage that,.. I would suggest changing the adverts to something more truthful ....

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Ah, so Live Chat isn't working then?

I run adblocker but have whitelisted the plusnet domain. I also run "noscript" so have to temporarily allow certain domains for the chat to work. I had worked out three domains that were needed but now it doesn't work. I thought it was my noscript but I guess from what's said here - it isn't.

Is there a higher level status where PN can say they have diasabled chat at their end, like perhaps on the service status page  ?

shutter
Community Veteran

See reply number 9 on this thread.... Posted TWO DAYS AGO...( wednesday )...

Just checked the phone waiting times, and it` s just over 12 minutes... ( not surprising as people have come home from work now, and want to get their problems solved ).....

yet chat is still not available...

Despite it being "Flagged up" on another forum board for "more exposure" to those that should be doing something about it...

shutter
Community Veteran

@MauriceC @Gandalf @LouisaMartin But it hasn`t made any difference... it`s now TWO DAYS since then...

Live chat is NOT Available, please choose another option..

Option 1... phone up.... and wait  in a queue for at least 12 mins ( present stats time ).

Option 2... wait unitl ......... ( who knows when )  Chat becomes available again..

Option 3... write a letter....  and wait forever for a reply,.. if you are lucky...

Option 4.. wait until your contract expires. ( which will probably be the quickest ) and then choose another ISP .

As it is now 18:30 B.S.T.  on FRIDAY 18th August 2017   it is doubtful if Live Chat will be working again before Monday at the earliest, I expect,   so good luck to anyone who needs help over the weekend...