cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline still connected

lindaattridge

Landline still connected

Bt connected my new fibre to the home yesterday but the landline is still connected. When will it be disconnected? Am I still being charged for it?
12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Landline still connected

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Everything Else

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@lindaattridge Do you mean the actual line from the pole to your property, or do you mean you can still make calls on your phone?

If it is the first case, then no, you won't - they don't always remove the physical line, although it is disconnected. If it is the second, your Full Fibre connection is not yet active.

John
lindaattridge

I can still make calls and the full fibre is definitely active.
jab1
Legend

Something is wrong there - when you switch to Full Fibre, the copper phone line is disconnected, so you cannot have both. What speed are you getting?

John
lindaattridge

145 mbps download
28.5 upload
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

It's not neccessarily physically disconnected although it usually is with recent installs. However, whether removed or not, it should be ceased. Seems like in this case, the cease hasnt happened, either PN didnt place the cease order or it's got lost in Openreach's systems. Either way, I'd be surprised if the PN systems are able to continue charging for it, since AFAIK there is no way to associate a phone service with a Full Fibre account.

Hopefully one of the staffers will be along shortly and investigate what's happened.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Well, you are definitely on FTTP, so I don't see how you can still use the land line?

John
jab1
Legend

@MisterW Was just going to tag you and ask for your thoughts. An interesting situation.😕

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Very🙄

I suppose the cease might have just been delayed and will happen in the near future.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Is the new fibre the same username or a brand new account?

lindaattridge

Same user name and same account
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@lindaattridge  As the landline is still active you now have an opportunity to port your phone number to a VOIP provider if you want to keep it, however you are probably aware that the phone number will be lost when upgrading to FTTP.

No guarantee it would work, although it is known one customer did manage to do it before the copper line was ceased.