cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Processing Norton for Plusnet Order

davebd

Re: Issue with Processing Norton for Plusnet Order

Hi Im having the same problem as other people on this site. I entered my details on the Norton site last week but havn't heard anything except the we're having problems email

WorldMachine
Grafter

I would also like to download Norton and have my BB and AV in one place however, I am reluctant to do so until this problem is resolved.   Also, will the McAfee service continue to run whilst it is being resolved?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, sorry for the issues with Norton, that's something we're working on. Unfortunately our license with McAfee has elapsed so that wouldn't work. Sorry if that causes any issues for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chivvy
Dabbler

I found some help hidden on Norton site which advised to download Norton 360 from Google play store. I did this on my android 10 tablet and it then asked me for my Norton Id. When I entered this it picked up on my license from Plusnet and seems (so far) to be working ok.

Thanks and regards 

Pete 

Ps it might be good if Plusnet provided some instructions next time rather than just a "install now" icon on the advice mail

WorldMachine
Grafter

Would that approach work with a laptop?  I'm concerned that the McAfee will expire before I can download Norton and be left without any AV.

austinsom
Grafter

I don't think we should be running around trying to find a workaround for this.  Part of the package signed up for included the AV bundle, and whilst that was McAfee, it has now been changed to Norton, or so we are told.  

Plusnet should have tested that the new setup worked correctly and didn't cause any issues etc. before pulling the plug on McAffee so that no-one was left without an AV solution. Clearly it wasn't tested in enough depth to ensure there were no snags and so here we are. Really, contingency planning should have meant that was some considerable overlap between the phasing out of McAfee and introduction of Norton to account for such an eventuality as we are now experiencing.  Sadly that does not appear to be the case.

I have kind of given up on getting Norton, and given the number of machines I have, I will need to buy something else, and I would suggest that others may wish to look at doing the same, as this could drag on for a long time.  I for one would be happy to have a discounted rate to cover the purchase of an AV suite I could find, download and install and know it was working, rather than sit and wait whilst I was exposed to who knows what online.

The ball is with Plusnet/Norton, so let's see what they do with it.  Something like this needs to be remedied quickly, as from what I read here some either are, or will shortly be, left without any sort of AV cover, which in this day and age is a spectacularly bad idea (I connected an unprotected computer to the 'net once as an experiment, and it was hit very quickly with a primitive scare-ware attack!).  If you have No AV currently, get something like Avast free as that works well and will cover you until you can get Norton sorted.

WorldMachine
Grafter

I completely agree with you and given that PN's licence with McAfee has/is about to end (according to my email 30th June) unless they get Norton up and running by Thursday, it is going to leave thousands of customers without any AV protection.  I would have thought there would be a plan in place to keep McAfee going until every last customer has switched.  But there seems to be very little information other than "we're working on it."   

I have downloaded Free MWB as a standby and if there is no joy on Thursday, I'll look to download Avast.

chivvy
Dabbler

It was a process specifically for android devices, if your laptop uses android might be worth trying.

Pete

WorldMachine
Grafter

No it doesn’t.  Will wait and see what happens on Thursday!

jamesgibby
Hooked

can you add me to the people that are having this issue.

I tried today and got an error trying to process the order

We're sorry. Something has gone wrong on our end.

What are you trying to do?

Buying a NortonLifeLock Product for the first time? Go to our products page.

Renewing or upgrading your current subscription? Renew or upgrade here.

Need help? Get help now.

What could have caused this?

1. Something technical went wrong on our site.
  2. Our website is changing, and we may have removed the page or the product you were looking for.
  3. The link you clicked is old and no longer working.
R75
Dabbler

Same issue for me.

3 hours on phone yesterday/today getting bounced between Plusnet and Norton.(6 different calls!)

Both admitted this is a known problem affecting multiple cutomers and that teams within Plusnet and Norton are trying to fix it.  However, general awareness by call centre staff in both companies is very poor, with each trying to blame the other.

I spoke to one very helpful tech support (Peter) at Plusnet who suggested I download AVG (free) until the issue can be resolved.  It is a major issue within Plusnet and is considered an Incident Management Task (IMT)  I would suggest you quote this to anyone you speak with at Plusnet/Norton.  Doesn't bode well for a quick resolution.......

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, I'm really sorry about the issues with Norton at present, it's not worked out how we wanted for sure and we're working to get this resolved as soon as we can. I'll do my best to keep this thread updated with any updates on our side. - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
R75
Dabbler

You might be personally sorry, but my experience so far leads me to believe Plusnet/Norton couldn't care less.

Here is my own little update:

48 hours on, despite an assurance from Norton my case had been escalated and I would receive a call in 24-48 hours; nothing; no call, no email, no response to my 'Question' in my Plusnet account page. Zero customer service.

Plusnet have sent me an email to tell me my Plusnet Protect service has been cancelled. No explanation whatsoever, although it does instruct me to remove the Plusnet Protect software from all my devices - easily done, as Plusnet have proved incapable of providing the software, let alone to enable me to install it.

I am also now receiving phising emails proporting to be from Norton.  The scammers are being more pro-active than Plusnet/Norton combined.  Thanks Plusnet for reducing my online safety!

Incidentally, I notice your website no longer claims to offer "Award-winning customer service"  At least you have managed to get something right.

Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Well, I managed to get it working now, clicking on the 'Download' button in Plusnet, and logging into my account did the trick, so it seems the registration is now sorted.

However, it's all time and effort wasted. Sorry guys, but this is awful software (although as someone that's known, and used Norton Software over the last 30 years, I should have known that already). Really don't bother with this, there are so many better options out there, and for free anyway. It jammed up my iMac completely, then logged my user out without completing a scan it was doing.

Although I've only used this on Apple devices here, it seems to add nothing at all to the security already included, or that can be easily installed as a matter of choice.

For malware protection, have a look at Objective-See, and then perhaps a regular manual run of the free versions of BitDefender or Malwarebytes. Some common sense helps a bit too.

As for the Password Manager, that's not brilliant, it doesn't seems be able to import any existing passwords, and doesn't offer anything over all the others available now - I've been using BitWarden for a while, and found it very good, but there are quite a few out there (or for basic needs, the built in ones are fine).

If you have nothing at all, then perhaps this as a free option, is worth trying out. But it's now being deleted off all my devices.

Cheers

Andy
martinlus

I keep getting this message on the Norton order page after putting all my details in, I've tried 3 times now:

"Order Submission Error Sorry your order has been canceled (sic)"