I know this has been covered a few times, But i have had this working for over 2 years at home with no issues our device tunnel used to connect fine. But now nothing I just keep getting 809 as a disconnect error.
from checking my logs it looks like this started around 8/4/2022 and was good before that.
I have tried this on multiple devices and confirmed it works fine when moving to a mobile hotspot, so it's related to my Plusnet BB.
other VPN's work fine, my user tunnel over SSTP is fine and works as normal as well as SSL VPN's.
has anyone noticed any changes with their IKEv2 tunnels recently?
Support is trying their best but I just keep getting told that it's a third-party product so they don't support it. which isn't very helpful.
I have asked to have my static IP swapped as that worked for another poster but I am already on the same range he was moved to, so not sure how much I will gain from that.
Any ideas, or can anyone higher up in plusnet support help? the lady I originally spoke to would not pass this on to higher up the chain so I was stuck with first-line support.
Fixed! Go to the fix.
I'm really sorry to see you've been having issues getting your VPN working again.
There isn't really a process or a specific team to raise higher up for these type of issues, but advisers should have a means to reach out internally to colleagues including our products team, who may know more.
I've assigned you a new static IP address now, which should be in the 212.159.xx.xxx range. I've also added a credit of £5 to cover the one off charge you'll inevitably see on your next bill.
If you can reboot your router, that should be applied to your connection, though I'm also not confident that'll fix the issue.
Failing that, it may be worth pointing fingers at the router itself and trying another. Looks like you're using the Hub One we've sent you about 3 to 4 years ago, and I'll be happy to send you a new router if needed.
Let me know how it goes.
Re: IKEv2 VPN tunnel for Always On VPN stopped working
so just to add getting plusnet to swap my static ip over to another static ip fixed it
got me to try it, not sure what triggered the issue or why swapping external IP's fixed the issue, but it worked.
i would give it a go if you encounter the same issue.