cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber running past the house but stuck with copper.....

timberdog

Fiber running past the house but stuck with copper.....

Hi all, 

About 2 years ago I talked with openreach engineers about the fiber they were laying, right outside my house...2 years on and up the road from me AND down the road from me have FTTP and I am still waiting... The stop-sell date has just passed adn it seems like my openreach post is the only one that needs updating to the fiber outlet box...Any ideas about what I can do to get things moved along...Even next door has 61meg from sky and Im stuck with 40 from plusnet....

One engineer last Dec said that it would be turned on well before the stop-sell date - I always talk to them, their a nice bunch and I have no beef with them, Im just frustrated waiting...

8 REPLIES 8
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

Re: Fiber running past the house but stuck with copper.....

@timberdog 

Has the "box" on the pole been installed?

What do the following say for your address. Dull Fibre shows as WBC FTTP in the left hand column of the Checker.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

https://www.openreach.com/

Brian

timberdog

No, not on my pole, its on the next 3 down and been wired to properties Sad Ilterally talking 200 yards.

As for the phone checker I let my landline go last sept when I renewed the contract so I have no number to input. I know its maybe just weeks away but equaly, as these things sometimes go, possily months and months.....The line/route from the road trunking has an access to the pole, its just someone to get it together and pull the fiber in!

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @timberdog

Use the postcode checker on the BT wholesale availabilty site (provided by @bmc) and select your address from the list.
timberdog

Indeed the=at checker says up to 1000 'available' but not on the pole and not being offered by anyone as a service...Ill collar an engineer when I see the next one, every day their out on the road somewhere...

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@timberdog

If the BT Wholesale checker shows that FTTP is available for your address then you should be able to order it from suppliers that use BT Wholesale like PN.

The FTTP connection points (CBTs) do not have to be on the nearest pole, Openreach can run it from a CBT on an adjacent pole.

I think 300 metres is the maximum length from the CBT to the house...

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@timberdog 

If you login to your PN members page and check for uogrades what does PN offer.

Brian

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

We have only had fibre for just over two years, but for a long time were isolated , as council estates on two sides of ours, one across the main road (on a third side) and houses belonging to our estate but facing outwards, all had access. Now LilaConnect have installed their fttp just on our estate.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'