cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP this year?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: FTTP this year?

Plusnet partner isn’t the same as the pn we end users use, it’s a reseller option iirc and its closure was announced last year
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

If i remember correctly in the deepest  distant past, wasnt one of the reasons why BT group bought plusnet to ensure that the plusnet platform didnt fall into the hands of competitors such as what is now the Talk Talk group?

And here it is, fresh from 2006 :

https://www.zdnet.com/home-and-office/networking/bt-buys-plusnet-for-crm-system/

"

BT is acquiring rival ISP PlusNet, which the former incumbent claims will provide technology to help improve its relationship with customers.

The deal, announced on Thursday and valued at £67m, sees BT gain 200,000 broadband customers, which includes 26,000 businesses. PlusNet is a Sheffield-based ISP which has won considerable praise for its WorkPlace platform, an intranet-based CRM system."

and : https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/Offer-for-Plusnet-plc-by-BT-Group/ba-p/1313651

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Such a shame that big bad BT has done the exact opposite of the claimed benefits of the acquisition.  Everything which made Plusnet distinctive for the discerning user, they have stripped away.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

That is the BT way though, isn't it. @Townman - bring everything down to our abysmal level - which is, of course, 'the best way'?

John
DaveCW
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I spoke to Customer Services this week. The lady i spoke to was expecting FTTP to be available on P/N Late May Early June. She has put me on her call back list and will call me when available. That said we have heard this all before, and I don't realy expect a call. I have no interest in going to BT, Customer Service is atrocious, they are expensive and put prices up mid contract. Getting frustrated with P/N, all this procrastination on FTTP and the TV service being switched off. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Dave,

The only bit of the above which I would challenge as being especially BT Retail related is "put prices up mid contract".

There are very few, if any, ISPs now offering a fixed PRICE for the full duration of the minimum term contract.  One which does is Zen, but they have a much higher starting price.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I think Zen have quietly withdrawn that.
AA don’t raise prices - but again you pay for what you get.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

A large quantity of exchanges are now in copper stop sell areas with the latest batch going to stop sell just a few days ago .
Effectively meaning that more and more people will be unable to sign up or move to plusnet.
Without a firm commitment to FTTP plusnet will soon be no more
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@pint wrote:
Without a firm commitment to FTTP plusnet will soon be no more

I don't think that that, will be a problem Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I didn't think AAISP had contracts beyond a rolling monthly one, unless you want a free router in which case you have to stay a year.

It makes business sense for BT Group to wait until all those who can possibly afford their prices, have signed up with them before allowing Plusnet to offer the same product at a lower price.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Although never confirmed I still believe the delay in PlusNet FTTP is due to getting back office systems to work with it.

Their current system relies on a phone number to identify the line in use. With FTTP their may be no phone line available (new builds with FTTP only) to use.

Brian

Ciaranmck
Dabbler

Can anyone confirm if Plusnet will release this and end of month. My sky contract is up and would like to go back to Plusnet but only have fttp connection or standard ADSL with 5mb
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Ciaranmck

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate it. 

I can confirm that it will be coming this year but I don't have an exact date as of yet Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Ian06
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@SammyM wrote:

I can confirm that it will be coming this year but I don't have an exact date as of yet Smiley

We were assured that it was coming last year as well 😞!  I guess those that want (or are able) to move to FTTP will just have to change ISP. The way things are and the number of times Plusnet have failed to meet expectations means you be foolish to wait on FTTP being available with Plusnet.

I think I will pick an ISP that I want to go FTTP with and move to them when my contract is up, seems foolish to wait.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

It's defo coming this year very soon @Ian06, I just can advise on the exact date Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team