cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP, landline number porting and BT Sport

grahamt
Rising Star

FTTP, landline number porting and BT Sport

(Not sure if this should be in the Full Fibre forum but I'm starting it here as it mostly concerns BT Sport)

As I understand it, the only way to move to Plusnet full fibre and keep my landline number (via a VOIP provider) is to wait until Plusnet offers FTTP to new customers, sign up to FTTP with a new ID while keeping my existing FTTC account, wait until the new line's up and running and then port my landline number, which would instantly cease the FTTC line.

OK. Stupid, very inconvenient and involving extra expense. A stroke of marketing genius (presumably aiming to shore up BT Internet subscriber numbers). But that's apparently what's necessary to remain a Plusnet customer with the same landline number.

My question is: if I were to do this, what would happen to my BT Sport subscription that I took out via Plusnet? I log into BT Sport using an external email address, so in that sense it's not tied to my current Plusnet ID, but that ID must have been used as part of the initial sign-up process. If I were to cease my current Plusnet ID would I have to recontract with BT Sport (which would, for me, almost double the price I'm paying)?

1 REPLY 1
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: FTTP, landline number porting and BT Sport

OK, the answer to my question is obvious, really. My BT Sport subscription is billed via my current Plusnet account/ID, so it would cease when the ID ceases.

Bottom line: going for Plusnet full fibre would mean I can't keep my landline number and my current BT Sport contract. I guess it would be best to stick with my current FTTC contract for now and see if there are any better options in future.