Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP but not available from plusnet

FIXED
mrp1
Hooked
Fixes: 1

FTTP but not available from plusnet

I have been informed that FTTP is available at my address from open reach, via email and their online checker. Also I have had a confirmation via email :-

I’ve looked into your enquiry and can confirm our systems are already showing that Fibre to the premises (FTTP) is available to order. All you need to do is place an order with your chosen service provider to enjoy the benefits of faster fibre broadband.

You may need to speak to you service provider and ask them to subscribe to the service as they will need to order a cable link to provide your service.

To receive Ultrafast speeds on our Fibre network, you now need to place an order with your chosen Service Provider.

yet Plusnet says I can't order. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can order it? Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: FTTP but not available from plusnet

@mrp1 

First thing to do is to look at the following Checker (this is what PN use)

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

You're looking for WBC FTTP in the left hand column and Available to the right.

If it doesn't show up try the address version - post code only and select your address from the drop down list.

Brian

mrp1
Hooked

thanks for the info but this shows not available.

if had an email off Openreach and up to about a month ago their check said not available, uswitch showed normal broadband only now they both show 900mbps available.

used this link post code ll65 2ny

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

they sent this email today::

I’ve looked into your enquiry and can confirm our systems are already showing that Fibre to the premises (FTTP) is available to order. All you need to do is place an order with your chosen service provider to enjoy the benefits of faster fibre broadband.

You may need too speak to you service provider and ask them to subscribe to the service as they will need to order a cable link to provide your service.

To receive Ultrafast speeds on our Fibre network, you now need to place an order with your chosen Service Provider.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

It depends on the house number in the street as well as the postcode - it seems some house numbers for the post code have fttp and some do not.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@mrp1 

I would suggest finding your UPRN and search using that

https://www.findmyaddress.co.uk/search then https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

HTH

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@mrp1 selecting a couple of random addresses for your postcode shows FTTP is still not available. FTTP on demand is available but that involves large installation costs and most ISP's will not offer it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrp1
Hooked

does this mean it will never be available or just that they are still installing it?

mrp1
Hooked

Thanks for all the info, it seems my exchange/cabinet doesn't have fttp which is strange for Openreach to report FTTP is available.  Just thought it was strange after getting an email saying I can now order, also the pole is literally in my back garden with the upgraded junction box a couple of months ago. frustrating, 

bmc
Hero

@mrp1 

It might just be a timing problem with the notifications going out before the circuit becomes commissioned. In which case check on a regular basis to see if it's changed.

It might also be a problem was found in commissioning which is taking time to fix. When my FTTP was installed the Distibution Point in the chamber serving my house was the last on the circuit (they get daisy chained) and the engineers were able to tell me on the spot the circuit had passed and would be live in a couple of weeks (10 days from memory).

The other thing, as mentioned, is to use the post code checker or UPRN numbers to check neighbouring properties. If they are live and you are not it might be a database problem.

Brian

mrp1
Hooked

Hi is there anyone at Plusnet that I can contact directly to get an answer to why it's not available.Openreach is telling me it's definitely available. admittedly it has only been showing available for about a month.  As I say the pole is in my garden and they put up the fibre boxes about a month or more ago, the engineer even said when he was doing it that it should be available in a couple of weeks...

bmc
Hero

@mrp1 

What were the results of the Checker search - does WBC FTTP appear?

Did you check any of your neighbours.

Brian

mrp1
Hooked

**update neighbors show they can get it too... However, I had a very helpful telephone call from Openreach. They say it is available as in all the work is complete, however, it won't be fully available until the first of August so I only have a little wait now.

Thanks for all the help . I've been impressed with Openreach's help I've been contacted or had a reply each time I've asked a question.

I'll try and remember to update this in August so people might get an idea how long it takes.

bmc
Hero

@mrp1 

I would run the Checker on a weekly basis in case it's available earlier than expected.

Brian

mrp1
Hooked

well, it's been sometime now and Openreach has sent me an email asking why I haven't signed up for fttp. I've checked I still can't order. open reach was contacted by Plusnet and have told me  (and provided me) with a NAD number and all  I have to do is tell Plusnet this number and I can order fttp. 

I have provided this number, yet no one seems to know what to do with this number I was told they would get back to me on Monday but I'm still to hear anything. 

it's strange as every house in the street can get it, except about 10 houses, and oddly the pole is in my garden and as I've said before they have had access many times to the pole to install the fttp boxes(sorry don't know the technical term)

what else can i do?Huh