Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of BT Sport confusion

FIXED
drcarrera
Dabbler

Re: End of BT Sport confusion

Yes, contractually Plusnet don't legally have to allow us to terminate early but for a supposedly customer focussed company I think it's pretty disgraceful to withdraw a service then hide behind the contract small print to not allow customers to move to find a similar service elsewhere. In other words "Sorry mate, not our fault, not our problem!".

I, like many, joined Plusnet over other comparable providers because of the good value BT Sport bundle and I'm now having to pay another provider for BT Sport whilst being stuck with a broadband service I can get cheaper and better elsewhere.

Even if, come contract end, Plusnet have somehow become the cheapest and best broadband provider I can get I still won't go with them as a matter of principle. They've lot my business in perpetuity.

accnewhouse

Yes, that's correct - for £29.99 per month in comparison to the £10 per month previously with Plusnet.

BT now offer a combined broadband and TV solution (with Sky Sports and TNT) for £35 per month. It's a solution those of us in contract are unable to take up, without incurring a penalty.

Obviously sticking with Plusnet represents a much poorer value deal than it did previously.

It's pretty disappointing that no solution, or compromise, has been offered at all by Plusnet - particularly given the links to BT. If none is forthcoming I shall have no option to unfortunately leave.
accnewhouse

Sorry that should read £35 for all sports channels from BT. Broadband is payable on top of that. It still however represents a much better deal that subscribing to Discovery+ for £29.99 for 4 TNT sports channels.