cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to gmail are being rejected - Transferring domain name - How to get EPP code

Hopper1

Emails to gmail are being rejected - Transferring domain name - How to get EPP code

Hi,

I've had a freenetname ".co.uk" domain for over 20 years but unfortunately emails to gmail accounts are being rejected. I have seen the solution on other threads is to transfer the domain name, but trying to transfer I am being asked for "EPP code provided by your domain registrar". How do I get the EPP code for my freenetname domain?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

Re: Emails to gmail are being rejected - Transferring domain name - How to get EPP code

but trying to transfer I am being asked for "EPP code provided by your domain registrar". How do I get the EPP code for my freenetname domain?

@Hopper1 You do NOT need an EPP code to transfer a .uk domain, in fact you cant get one!. The mechanism to transfer .uk domains is to request that the old registrar change the IPSTAG to that of the new registrar.

Your new registrar should know that, if they are asking for an EPP code then they dont know what they are doing!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Hopper1

Re: Emails to gmail are being rejected - Transferring domain name - How to get EPP code

Thank you.

How do I contact plusnet to change the IPSTAG to that of the new registrar?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

Usually, one of the Plusnet help team will spot this thread and raise a 'ticket' to which you can reply to confirm the details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.