Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH on YouTube

FIXED
gregb491
Hooked

Re: Suddenly unable to access YouTube

@bobpullen wrote:...My guess would be that the site has somehow fallen foul of the mobile adult content filter that is separate to Safeguard.

Ha. That will be funny if true. It is adult in that kids are normally bored by politics, but "adult" has other connotations these days. It certainly does not have "adult" content, in that context.
Thanks for your guess.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Yeah it doesn’t look like content lock is the problem, if the site is inaccessible even with it turned off. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

So how do we explain this then..?

Has it been confirmed that @gregb491 doesn't have the content lock enabled on their account? (I'm not sure how to check).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @gregb491

I've been talking with Bob about this and would you be able to PM me your mobile number and full name so I can take a closer look? I'll then just ask you a few questions to go through our security checks. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gregb491
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf. I've PMed you.

I have had an email from The BBFC Mobile Classification Framework which says that the Framework enables Mobile Operators to restrict access to commercial content that is deemed unsuitable for people under the age of 18, as is the case for The Conservative Woman website.

That sounds like the root cause.

It is almost laughable that this website is deemed unsuitable for under 18s when for instance, The Daily Mail for all its sleezy content is not restricted. What is going on? I understand that under 18s might get bored with politics but there is absolutely no sleeze on TCW.

I'm assuming that PlusNet Mobile has decided that it agrees with the BBFC. That's both sad and worrying especially as The new title for The Conservative Woman website is "TCW Defending Freedom".

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@gregb491 was it one of these addresses you tried?

Screenshot 2022-05-12 152427.jpg

If not, might be worth a shot.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gregb491

It could very well be content lock causing that. It’s turned on by default. Have you ever rang us to turn it off? 

If you haven’t then I’d say it’s worth giving that a go so feel free to get back to my PM from earlier today. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gregb491
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf,
That sounds as if it is the issue. Why PlusNet would want to censor such a site is quite worrying. I'm thinking about what to do next.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Assuming content filter is turned on and you don't want it off (Which is understandable), have you tried emailing one or both of those email addresses that @bobpullen has suggested? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gregb491
Hooked

Thanks Bob Pullen.
I've written to mobilecategorisation@bt.com expressing my concerns.