Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer request

FIXED
Curmudgeon
Dabbler

Domain transfer request

Hi all

I sent a DM to "gandalf" earlier today asking for my domain to be transferred (I was advised to in an earlier conversation) but I haven't heard anything back.  I need to get the ball rolling on this today preferably, could someone let me know if this has been actioned or what else I need to do, if anything?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Domain transfer request

As I understand it @Gandalf is not in the office until next week, Tuesday I believe.

Curmudgeon
Dabbler

Ok, thanks.  Is there someone else who can action this for me?  I need it done over the weekend.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Fix

You will need the input of a staff member to assist you. They are a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

It may help if you phone in.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

DM's will get picked up by other members of the Help Team. However even if its p[icked up today, it requires you to provide the new IPSTAG via a ticket, and then a request to be sent to NetOps (who don't work weekends I'm afraid)

It may help if you phone in.

you can try, but unless you're very lucky you won't get anyone in CSC who can initiate the domain transfer. Domains are a legacy product and few CSC operatives understand what's required

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Curmudgeon
Dabbler

I went for the phone option and got through to someone, albeit in a roundabout way.  He said he's initiated the transfer and I've had an email to confirm it, so maybe it's my lucky day 🙂 - we'll see over the weekend.

Anyway, thanks for your assistance. 

Geoff

Curmudgeon
Dabbler

So not my lucky day because the tag is still MADASAFISH.  Grrrr.

Curmudgeon
Dabbler

Just spoke to support who confirmed that precisely nothing has been done with my request and probably won't be for several days, which is a massive pain. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to speed this process up?  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry I've been out of the office until today. I can see you've spoken with my colleague @plusnettony from our complaints team who has raised a NetOps task to transfer your domain as soon as possible. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Curmudgeon
Dabbler

Yup, all sorted, looks like the domain has transferred.  I wasn't getting much response from support so I got a bit grumpy, which I don't like doing but I needed a response.

Thanks again,

Geoff

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Awesome. No worries at all!

Anything to keep @plusnettony busy. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet