Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Hub Two work with Voip?

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Does Hub Two work with Voip?

You can do a reset via the management menus, but also externally as follows:

1. Unplug the base from the power source (either the plug or the ethernet cable if you are using PoE)
  2. Hold down the soft button on the front of the base and reconnect the power. Keep the button held down until the blue light flashes rapidly for twenty seconds then release it
  3. Your base should now be reset
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 436

@HPsauce now I didn't know about the external reset😀

Reading the manual, it says that the reset via the management menus doesnt de-register handsets BUT the external one via the button does. So it's probably preferable to do the external one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Well spotted @MisterW I missed that detail; I'd advise @Frances28 do both to be sure. You'd need the button reset anyway if you don't know the access pin.

"Reading the manual, it says that the reset via the management menus doesn't de-register handsets BUT the external one via the button does. So it's probably preferable to do the external one."

Frances28
Dabbler

I've got a litle way but I can't see how to register my handsets. I have a Panasonic KX-TG1311E handset and I think I've deregistered it . The N300 controls say no handset assigned. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

The details on how to register that handset to a base are on page 21 of the handset manual

Follow that procedure and then when it says 'Press and hold {x} on the base unit for about 5 seconds' , Press and hold the button on the front of the N300.

NB make sure that the Panasonic base is turned off so the handset doesnt find that base

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

You need to find the menu option on the handset to register, put the base into registration mode (Management menu, Miscellaneous) then try to register. Handset should ask for a PIN.

Frances28
Dabbler

Thank you for this. I have 3 handsets and have managed to register one with the N300 (I don't really know how!). The other two have run out of battery so I have to charge them on a plugged in base set before I can try to register them. Hope you don't mind another question - I'm following the A&A instructions for setting up the N300 but I've got 'registration failed' against the IP1 line. Is this serious? Also, it tells me to put Your Password against Authentication Password. I have two A&A passwords, SIP password and Control Page login password. Is it one of these and if so which one? I've tried both and still have registration failed.

Thanks in advance!

mystreet1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have a read of this from A&A
https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_Phones_-_Gigaset_N300
Was a member for years, but moved from PN fttc to fttp from an AltNet. Getting 940Mb up and down. Happy to stay on here and try to help others. 
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Frances28 it's the sip password. You may find that you to set a new one first using the control pages and then use that

Frances28
Dabbler

Thank you

Frances28
Dabbler

So now it's registered and I can divert calls to my mobile . But the Panasonic isn't ringing (maybe I've not set that up but not a problem). I think I'll call it a day and thank everyone for their help. I might be back but will probably live with it as it is.

Thank you all.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Frances28  login to the n300 and go to Settings>telephony>number assignment and make sure that the handset has a tick in the incoming calls column for that a & a connection

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

@Frances28 I've sometimes noticed the N300 can say connections aren't registered when they are, just refreshing by navigating away and coming back usually shows the correct status.

As you're discovering, it's a whole new world with different concepts and doesn't have the simplicity of old-school telephony, but hopefully you get used to it in the end. Once set up it just works OK. Definitely explore all the menu options both on the N300 but also within A&A, especially the control pages. Emailing answerphone messages I find particularly useful.

Also, in due course you may find, as I have, that old DECT handsets are rather limited and decide on compatible Gigaset ones which have full functionality. But equally you may not, especially if you get very few incoming calls.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@HPsauce wrote:

I've sometimes noticed the N300 can say connections aren't registered when they are, just refreshing by navigating away and coming back usually shows the correct status.

@HPsauce 

You don't need to navigate away and come back, just click the 'Set' button and the page will refresh. Wink