cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Nameserver Change Request

aveley

DNS Nameserver Change Request

Hello,

I need to request that the nameservers are changed on our domains hosted with PlusNet.

Domain Name management is very limited and the plan is to move the domain elsewhere. However we want to leave it registered with Plusnet until we have migrated our email and website services to another platform.

Please advise, thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: DNS Nameserver Change Request

Hi

Plusnet don't let you change the Nameservers whilst its hosted with them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Changing the namservers of a PN hosted domain is not possible. However I dont think that's actually what you want to do!.

What you really want to do is move the registration first. This will leave the nameservers as they are and the domain remaining hosted by Plusnet. You then setup your new email and website hosting at your new provider and then when ready, you change the nameservers to the new hosting providers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aveley

Thank you,

Will Plusnet Email and Web Hosting services continue unaffected if I transfer/register the domain on the new hosting provider?

(Noted your point about keeping nameservers pointing to Plusnet after)

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Will Plusnet Email and Web Hosting services continue unaffected if I transfer/register the domain on the new hosting provider?

It should do. However, if you purchase a hosting package from another supplier you should be able to configure everything before you even transfer the domain registration. So even if something goes awry after the domain transfer, then you can quickly change the namservers to the new hosting.

aveley

Thank you for your swift replies, much appreciated.