Re: Customer CGI/MySQL outage - Tuesday 22nd November

Quote from: BJepson
can't do much with MySQL without it.

A GUI alternative.
Download.
Gabe
Steven7b8

I still cannot log into phpMyAdmin (rumpus) using IE, I get the error message 'Cannot log in to the MySQL server' and strange characters are returned in the username field.  I tried Firefox (as suggested above) and was able to log in, however it timed out very quickly and I have been unable to gain access again.
Steve
marku
Grafter

I get exactly the same as Steve7b8 and proman and ..... pretty much everyone else for that matter
'I go to mysql.plus.net, it goes to the php admin page, I select rumpus, it goes to the login page, I put in my username and password and click Go.
It thinks about it for 5 seconds or so and drops me back at the same login page with some funny characters in the username'
I get this on Firefox 7.0.1 and chrome 15.0.874.121
Marteknet
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
Even after completely shutting down my PC, then turning it on again I'm still unable to login to MySQL through phpMyAdmin. Are the two of us who've posted here (and possibly Gabe from previous page) the only ones affected?
Shouldn't the problem be mentioned in a service status post?
David

Nope there are more I am one as well. poor support from Force9 / Plusnet. why didn't they set up the new server first and run them in tandom then turn off the old one when they were comfidant there were no issues.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

why didn't they set up the new server first and run them in tandom then turn off the old one when they were comfidant there were no issues.

It's not a new server, it's the same server relocated into a different suite at the same datacentre.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Marteknet
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
why didn't they set up the new server first and run them in tandom then turn off the old one when they were comfidant there were no issues.

It's not a new server, it's the same server relocated into a different suite at the same datacentre.

What !  it's just a simple move of a server within the same datacentre and its taking this long to resolve these issues. what's going on ?
Marteknet
Grafter

Quote from: Gabe
Quote from: BJepson
can't do much with MySQL without it.

A GUI alternative.
Download.
Gabe

Cheers Gabe installed that admin program 3 mins to setup and works wonders I now access to my database tables again, no thanks to PLUSNET ... Angry
BJepson
Grafter

The support desk kindly phoned me last night in response to the ticket I raised on this issue.  They informed me that the problem had been fixed but wern't aware of the discussion going on here and after reading this thread agreed it wasn't fixed.
They then said that it will be Monday before anyone can do anything.  Surely they can reinstall phpMySQL and set it up again without it taking days.  This lack of support seems to be almost deliberate, why should physically moving the server break the software? Appache / PHP / MySQL are 'standard' system products installed and used by millions of people, why does F9 / Plusnet have difficulty?  I can see no reason for such poor service.
Having given up on anything being resolved this weekend, and as a volunteer supporting a charitable club the weekend is when I get things done, I searched for an alternative, installed it and was running again within 15 mins.
I haven't compared options but sqlbuddy (http://www.sqlbuddy.com/) does the job, is very small footprint (400KB) and requires no setup.
Brian.
Chris
Legend

Surely they can reinstall phpMySQL and set it up again without it taking days.  This lack of support seems to be almost deliberate, why should physically moving the server break the software? Appache / PHP / MySQL are 'standard' system products installed and used by millions of people, why does F9 / Plusnet have difficulty?

On a shared hosting platform it's a little more difficult than just reinstalling the same again. It's being investigated and will be resolved as soon as we can.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Still having problems with mysql.plus.net guys?
If so can you try removing any cookies related to mysql.plus.net and trying again? That resolved the issue for me.
Marteknet
Grafter

Maybe one of my domains is returning incomplete pages from the CGI server I'm not sure if this is a MYSql issue or a PHP server issue. All I know is that on looking at the HTML code all the script is not returned so the pages just hang.
Gabe
Grafter

Yup.
Gabe
Chris
Legend

Okay, I've tested mine in IE, Firefox and Chrome.
IE and Firefox I was straight in. Chrome I had to clear cache and mysql.plus.net cookies before it would let me know.
If you've tried clearing cache/cookies and still can't log in can you try a different browser to see if that lets you in and post in here with the browser you're using and the error you're seeing.
Gabe
Grafter

And now it works.  Smiley
Which it didn't at 14.03, having cleared cache and cookies.
Well belatedly done.
Gabe
Chris
Legend

Thanks Gabe, a change on the loadbalancers seemed to clear the issue around 30 mins ago.