Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant log in to upload to webspace

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Cant log in to upload to webspace

I've given it a kick, I've also raised an internal problem to see why so many of these problems are occurring.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thegroove
Dabbler

OK tried it again last night and it seems to be working now.
Thanks for the kick Chris, good to know that the old fashion kick still works  Grin
jeremyo
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, that's done it. Smiley
davidhil
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Could you kindly also give my set up a kick as I seem to be having the same problems of my User name and Password not being accepted.
I recently uploaded a few items to my web page but today I am unable to gain access for some reason which I do not understand. Nothing was changed as far as my settings were concerned - I am using an iMac computer with OS X 10.3.9 Panther installed and the client program is ClassicFTP v 1.0.6
I'll look forward to hearing from you and thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Kind regards,
davidhil
Chris
Legend

I don't think you are having the same problem as I am able to log in to your webspace without any problems.
I'd advise to check the settings in your client and reenter the username and password to make sure they are correct.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
davidhil
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply. I've checked my settings and they appear to be OK. The strange thing is that when I tried to connect this morning everything worked without any difficulties. However I was unable to delete a couple of files that I wanted to clear - I've e-mailed the ClassicFTP people about that. This evening I am back to square one and cannot connect at all with the pop up window appearing "Error - unable to log onto server"
I'll try again in the morning and see what happens!
Kind regards,
Davidhil
superb

Hi,
I'm experiencing problems logging into my CGI webspace. It was activated on Friday but I keep getting a 'Connection Failed' error with every FTP attempt. I've also tried Telnet.
I'm also a little confused as to which is the correct URL to use - there seems to be a difference in the link listed on the PlusNet help and the one emailed. Neither allow me to log on.
Any help on the matter would be most appreciated.
Thanks
pd
Grafter

@davidhil  You might like to try FTP wanderer.......

http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/ftp_wanderer_3_0.html
I've been using it for a few years now and never had a problem.
Peter
Chris
Legend

@superb
I've just tested ftping to ccgi.plus.net with your account details and logged in first time. Can you try again and let me know if you are still getting problems.
It's worth noting that you'll only be able to FTP to the cgi space from a PlusNet line.
davidhil
Dabbler

Hi there Chris and others,
Just thought I'd post a note to say that for the last couple of days the FTP Classic software that I am using now seems to be working just fine. I haven't made any changes but I can now log on without any rejections so whatever was having an adverse effect seems to hace disappeared.
Kind regards,
Davidhil
herbdinghy

Hi - got same problem. Please could you give it a kick ?
Ta
Chris
Legend

Hi,
I've just tried logging straight in to your webspace and had no problems at all, can you try again and make sure the details match those outlined at the following page:-
http://www.plus.net/support/webspace/setup/uploading_files_ftp.shtml
Note that your username should not have @plusdsl.net on the end for logging in via FTP.
jimbob54321

i am also receiving the same issue when trying to connect, any ideas what's causing this?
Chris
Legend

Not sure jimbob, I've given it a nudge and it should be working with an hour.
*edit* All seems good on the webspace front now.
jimbob54321

yes it is working now, thank you.
any ideas why a lot of us are getting this?