Did you mean: 

BT Sport app credentials

FIXED
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

BT Sport app credentials

Hi

Posting here as TV board is no longer available...

I have the BT Sport app on my Windows 10 PC. When I went on to check what time the Champions League final was on tomorrow (Sat 28/5/22) I had been logged out and could not log back in. I took the option to reset my BT ID password and duly got a new password set up, however I can't get logged on, with this message popping up:

Sorry, there's been an error; please try again. See our FAQs for more help (ID003)

When I searched for the error I found links to a couple of posts in the TV board, but access is denied. I also have the app on my Fire TV but I haven't had the chance to try and see if my new password works on that, but posting here in the hope that someone recognises the error and knows how to fix it. I don't want to miss the game!

I will try the Fire TV app later and report back.

12 REPLIES 12
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Re: BT Sport app credentials

Tried the app just now - same error message but with a little more detail.
No active BT Sport account found (or words to that effect).
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fix
Was your BT sport subscription tied to your YouView subscription?
If so it might have gone mangled in the cease of that service, I assume you are still paying for it?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Yes - it's been working fine as an app only sub since You View was withdrawn.
djcjuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 5

If you can't get your BT Sport app working before tomorrow you can watch the game free on YouTube. I hope that is still the case I have watched both the other Euro finals on YouTube.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Thanks. I'll check it out.
djcjuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 5

Jaggies

You can watch it on your BT Sport App without logging in. The match will show but there will be no padlock icon In the corner which you normally have to login to watch.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Worth checking, however I'll still need to get it fixed, and I know there's no point in contacting BT about it.
I may have to bite the bullet and call PN. Wish me luck...
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

OK. Did the obvious thing and checked my account. No BT Sport subscription...
Checked my bills for the first time in ages - no charges for BT Sport since September/October last year.
I'm going to need to resubscribe. Probably won't be activated in time to see the Champions League final tomorrow but will wait and see.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Champions League Final 28 May 2022

According to an Express article just published - https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1617222/Champions-League-final-free-stream-Liverpool-Real-M...

"BT Sport YouTube channel where you can watch a free broadcast, or you can watch the match via the BT Sport app"

"btsport.com/final website where the Champions League final will all be broadcast live for free"

"Virgin Media TiVo, TV360 or Stream box on channel 532, which is an HD channel"

(website) live stream page is at https://www.bt.com/sport/football/champions-league/fixtures-and-results/2021-2022/05-28-liverpool-v-... .

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

We’ve got the match showing on YouTube on an iPad, cast to the big screen….

thank you BTSport.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@Jaggies wrote:
OK. Did the obvious thing and checked my account. No BT Sport subscription...
Checked my bills for the first time in ages - no charges for BT Sport since September/October last year.
I'm going to need to resubscribe. Probably won't be activated in time to see the Champions League final tomorrow but will wait and see.

Which is about when youview ended - sounds like you’ve had a good deal for a while 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Managed to get registered in plenty of time to watch the match. Disappointing result... 😞