Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another domain transfer away from Plusnet

FIXED
fedsltd

Another domain transfer away from Plusnet

Hi there.

I need to speak to someone who can handle a domain transfer away from Plusnet to Bluehost.

The domain in question is feds.uk.com and i am getting conflicting information when i get in touch with support about who is responsible for this as the procedure is different for a UK and COM domain.

I think this would be classed as a ccTLD and therefore require an EPP code but

I noticed on another thread that user 'gandalf' was able to help with these type of requests just in the past week.

Thanks

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
fedsltd

Re: Another domain transfer away from Plusnet

Can someone tag gandalf in this post please as i cannot DM him? thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can get that sorted out for you. I'll just need to pop a request over to our net ops team to get an EPP code for you, as they'll email that over to you directly can I just get you to log into the my account section of our website first to make sure we have an up to date email address on file for you?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fedsltd

Hi Adam, yes i have checked and there is an up to date email address there that is unrelated the domain i want to move, thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers, I've raised the task to our netops guys for you. They should get that picked up within the next few days and will email the code over to you directly. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Fix

@fedsltd I’ve just spotted this. Are you sure we’re registering your domain? A who.is check shows that a company called “Heart Internet Ltd” is the registrar. 

We’re only hosting the domain but you can change that by updating the nameservers to whichever provider you’d want to host it instead, presumably Bluehost?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fedsltd

Just checked with Heart and you are correct, they hold the domain. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Cool. No problem, if you do find another provider to use as a host let me know and I'll remove the DNS records our side. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet