shafe

webmail

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: webmail

What problems are you having accessing your email? i.e. can you see the messages? is it a problem when you click to open them? are you expected messages that aren't there?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

junehales

i just dont understand your system as i have never come across this problem before on any othe network providers I have been trying to send emails to my contacts but dont know whether they have arrived and can i only check my email from this site as i am signed in with my homepage to yahoo and also  use a google email address but neither of these seem to be working it has stressed me out to finally find this email page under yourselves, is there anyway this page can be used as my homepage and can i still use my other emails as when i was under bt i only used the one email address to everyone
do i use the email address ending with @ plusdsl.net like any other network provider?
june
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The homepage (page displayed when you open your browser) is set within your browser and you can alter that to whatever you want. Plusnet provide a help guide on how to do this for the popular browsers here. If you want it to be the webmail page you would replace the current contents with http://webmail.plus.net
To logon to webmail you enter your account username and password in the top boxes (these are the ones you use to log into the portal - eg to check your usage). See the attached image.
username@plusdsl.net is *not* your email address - that is your broadband username and is used only for connecting your router to Plusnet. Your email address will probably be your_first_name@username.plus.com but that depends on what was set when you signed up to Plusnet. You can check that in Manage My Mail on the portal - click the Mailboxes tab to see the full address.
To ensure that messages you send from webmail have a valid return address you need to ensure your full email address is entered alongside E-mail Address on the webmail Options -> Personal Information page, and then click "Submit" at the bottom of the page to store the setting.
David