Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no answer to question raised.

FIXED
molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

no answer to question raised.

I raised a question in the middle of June and then phoned help desk and another question - on same topic - was raised.

Even if nobody can resinstate my emails as requested it would be good to have got a reply as a matter of courtesy.

15 REPLIES 15
molly8
Rising Star

Re: no answer to question raised.

Sorry - I didn't make it clear that the question was not raised in this forum but with Plusnet help.  I have still had no response and it is now about 6 weeks.....

Can anyone here help?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@molly8 Your chance of re-instating mail (if that was the issue) after 6 weeks is close to zero - the records are not kept for that long, and unfortunately it could be a while before this topic gets picked by the almost non-existent Help Team.

Do you know why your mail was archived, and did you get ANY response within a reasonable time (say 5-7 working days)?

John
molly8
Rising Star

I have had no response to either of the questions which were raised the latter with the number #225094626 dated 10th July.  If someone had responded more quickly they might have been able to retrieve the emails. As it is, it would be at least something if someone notified me that they had even looked at the problem.  

molly8
Rising Star

I have now had 2 responses from Plusnet Support.   Both said that the questions were now closed.

Kind regards, Ryan Broadhead.

Not very helpful.  Still no emails.

jab1
Legend

Not helpful, I agree? But you haven't answered my question either - why were your emails archived - over capacity or non-use?

Did the question closure notices explain why they were closed?

John
molly8
Rising Star

It was non-use.  My own fault I suppose.  But the first I knew of it was when I got an email  saying they had been archived, and as soon as I saw the email I contacted Support to get them back - that was 9th June.

Rather unhelpfully the email was sent to the email address that had been archived - that was the only email in my inbox.  Since I also have a madasafish address which I use all the time, and which is my default address for broadband, mobile and landline it was just a shame that the notification was sent to the other one.

I have made a note to check my emails more often!

Thanks for your interest, John.

molly8
Rising Star

and no, there was no comment other than the heading which was that the question had been closed, and the kind regards.

jab1
Legend

@molly8 wrote:

It was non-use.  My own fault I suppose.  But the first I knew of it was when I got an email  saying they had been archived, and as soon as I saw the email I contacted Support to get them back - that was 9th June.

Rather unhelpfully the email was sent to the email address that had been archived - that was the only email in my inbox.  Since I also have a madasafish address which I use all the time, and which is my default address for broadband, mobile and landline it was just a shame that the notification was sent to the other one.

I have made a note to check my emails more often!

Thanks for your interest, John.

Yup, sorry, it was your fault - it is not clear, but I think, bearing in mind that I haven't looked at the T&Cs for a long, long time that it warns that not using an email account - even if it is just logging in - for, I think once every 90 days, the account will be archived and then closed if no action is taken, but as you have discovered this notice is unhelpfully posted to the archived account.

With regards to your later post - this is the unhelpful response received when you ask a 'question' deemed unsuitable for the system - which appears to be almost anything other than an official complaint.

John
molly8
Rising Star

I'll maybe just head straight for the official complaint next time.

Thanks,

M

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @molly8, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry for the experience you have had trying to get this sorted and for the delay in getting to your post.

I've raised a new task for you to see if there's anything we can do and will update you once I get a response from this. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

To help try get this sorted, can you please advise what date you received the email about the archive please so I can add this to the task for you? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
molly8
Rising Star

Thank you, Lauren - I have replied to the question which you raised.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see how we've handled this and I've arranged for feedback to be passed on to the relevant advisers.

Unfortunately we only keep archived mail for 30 days, and in some instances a maximum of 90 days, so it's highly unlikely we'll have your mail still.

I have however asked our NetOps team to double check for me.

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
molly8
Rising Star

Fix

Thank you to everyone who helped.  Most emails have now been restored.  Just a shame it took a wee bit longer than it needed to!

M