cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail settings

johnny321

mail settings

I was trying to block  an email address and managed to click on the spam icon while everything in the trash was highlighted for deletion (I thought it was going to give a drop down menu, not report everthing as spam).

None of the settings in my version of webmail have any mention of filters, whitelists or blacklists and it's not possible to log in to the member centre as suggested in posts as I only have webmail. Madasafish site directs everthing back to plusnet.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to how to reverse my mistake?

thanks,  john

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: mail settings

Hi @johnny321,

Just to clarify, is everything in your trash folder still there, or has it been deleted?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
johnny321

Well - it's not that everything in the junk folder was deleted, it's that I thought that all senders in that folder had been marked as spam and would not appear again in the inbox.

No.

I don't think any messages have been blocked and the sender that I wished to block, a charity, have continued sending up to 5 mails a day.

All that happens when a message has been 'reported as spam', is that this message is moved to the junk folder.

The next message will appear in the inbox i.e. there does not seem to be any way of filtering anything.

As you can imagine this is rather frustrating....

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this @johnny321. Essentially, what seems to be happening here is that the spam report system is working as intended, by sending the spam email to the junk folder rather than the main inbox. If enough people report the sender as a spam address then this will eventually build up a fingerprint on our mail providers end, which will prevent these emails from coming through altogether, though I'm afraid that we're unable to prevent these emails from arriving in individual cases. I'd recommend keeping an eye on things and regularly clearing out the junk folder to avoid reaching the mailbox size limit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team