Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e mail not showing sender ,

FIXED
stoppo1
Hooked

e mail not showing sender ,

i did alter the settingsbecause the emails suddenly  were not in time order, i dont  know what caused that , but i ffound a long list of boxes to tick or untick and think i caused the above fault but i can't find that list of boxes . i've spent all afternoon clicking on settings and anything clickable but can't cure the above , heeeeeelp

11 REPLIES 11
stoppo1
Hooked

Re: e mail not showing sender ,

and now they are not showing in date order , how can i fix this ..will it help if i use outlook express

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It would help if you explained what you are using...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stoppo1
Hooked

i use plus net email ,which came with plusnet many years ago ..the browser is chrome and also edge,  both windows 10 the date order is fixed  but no sender details 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Let's ask the question differently!!

• Plusnet Email is the mail service which can be accessed in many different ways
  • Reference to "browser" infers access to email via a web client, such was PlusNet's webmail at https://webmail.plus.net
  • Reference to Win10 suggests that possibility of the use of a PC based email client
    • the Win10 Mail client (not a brilliant product) which is totally different to webmail access ... does not use column layout and displays the sender above each item
    • Outlook and Thunderbird (both popular email clients) have numerous options for column layouts

This is a matter of your selection of columns to be displayed.

If you are using Plusnet's webmail, on the left hand edge of the columns title bar, there is a List Options table icon.  Click that and select the columns you want so see displayed.

If you are using Outlook - right click on the column title bar and use field chooser.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

I would always advise to use a client as it performs much better than webmail, however if you press on the date header it should list in in date order

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
stoppo1
Hooked

i dont seem to have this icon .i use plusnets webmaili dont seem to have this icon .i use plusnets webmail

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That is indeed odd!

That looks like an issue with Roundcube, but I have not been able to find reference to it.

Having logged into email, try this link https://webmail.plus.net/?_task=mail&_mbox=INBOX#list-options - it might invoke the List-Options menu.

I did wonder if the mail list pane is scrolled to the left, but it is not scrollable.  Can you try a different browser or a different device, if only to see if the icon appears there and you can fix your setting there.

It might be worth opening webmail in a PRIVATE window (ignores any cookies on your PC).

Alternatively consider using Squirrel Mail (basic) or use a PC base email client.

@willcutforth - this is odd - any chance of getting help from JW please?

seebee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Fix

@stoppo1 the right hand edge of your screenshot isn't showing - I don't suppose the little "List Options" icon is there is it? I can make my webmail look like this, if I unselect columns and drag them around - the button highlighted in yellow will give you the screen to select what columns you want:

PN webmail List Options.PNG

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

You literally took the words off my hands there @seebee I had someone months ago who couldn't view the view options, they did that and it fixed it.

@Townman sorry this is my ignorance taking over here, what/who is JW?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@willcutforth 

Hi Will,

One of your SMEs.

stoppo1
Hooked

big thanks to seebee and all who relied