Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*apparantly* unable to create a new mailbox

FIXED
stuck
Rising Star

*apparantly* unable to create a new mailbox

Having logged into my broadband account and navigated to the 'manage my mail' page I set about doing some housekeeping.  My intention was to delete an alias and a mailbox.  I got rid of the alias correctly but I deleted the wrong mailbox, because I selected the one above the one I meant to pick.  I discovered my stupidity when I, almost immediately, got the usual email (via POP3 to my email client) telling me my [wrong name] mailbox had been deleted.

I logged back into my broadband account straight away and sure enough the mailbox was not in the list any more.  However, I can't recreate it.  When I click the 'add new mailbox', although I can enter a name and password. nothing happens.  There's nothing on screen to say the mailbox has been created nor do I get an email telling me the mailbox has been created.

I called Plusnet support and got no help at all.  All the guy could say was, "Wait, because despite the std text about 'it could take 30 mins', in fact it could take hours."  Perhaps that is the problem because I can still log into the deleted mailbox via webmail.

@willcutforth / @Gandalf can my stupid mistake be undone before my mailbox is actually deleted?

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Re: *apparantly* unable to create a new mailbox

Fix

When I click the 'add new mailbox', although I can enter a name and password. nothing happens.

@stuck i suspect youre trying to use a password that doesnt meet the required criteria ( which are wrongly explained!)

You need to use at least one of each of the categories of characters

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stuck
Rising Star

Ah ha!  That was the problem, tweaking the password has worked.

Thank you!

critch

OMG!!

I have been stuck with this for hours just to find the solution is I had no symbols in my PW.  

Pfffff

Thanks MisterW you are a lifesaver