Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 email - no emails going into "Sent" box

FIXED
MimiJane
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Windows 11 email - no emails going into "Sent" box

I've recently had a new p.c. and set up my email account again in Windows 11 mail to download from PlusNet.  Fine, except that none of my sent emails go into the "Sent" box (Windows mail only) - where are they going (I've looked at Deleted/Trash  folders etc)?  I've set up the account as per PlusNet's instructions - imap.plus.net for incoming server and relay.plus.net for the outgoing server.  There's no-where to put the port numbers, so have also tried :993 and :587 respectively at the end of each.  I've also tried ticking/unticking the authentication boxes, but my sent mail is still no-where to be seen.  Can anyone please help me - before I go completely mad!

4 REPLIES 4
MimiJane
Dabbler

Re: Windows 11 email - no emails going into "Sent" box

Just to add ... I also have a Hotmail account set up in Windows mail - no problems with this account.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 76

Hi @MimiJane 

As an experiment I setup a new email account, I have found that I also see no sent items using the windows 11 email app. 

However if I use webmail (https://webmail.plus.net/) to send an email the sent folder gets populated in both the windows mail app and webmail with the message.

The mail app with Windows 11 is a bit basic have you considered using Mozilla Thunderbird? Is is freeware

Dan

MimiJane
Dabbler

Fix

Many thanks Dan – yes, I also found the same with webmail.  Shame, I really like the layout of Windows Mail, but I’ve spent too much time trying to put right such a “glitchy” app. I’ll try Thunderbird, though I’m sure I’ve tried to set it up in the past and failed, so I may well be back!

Thanks again for taking the time out to help me ....

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

There is a long history of issues with sent items and Win10/11 inbuilt email application - see here - Fixed: Sent Emails Don't Appear in Sent Folder (Windows 1... - Plusnet Community

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.