cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Werid Email Problems.

IKP

Werid Email Problems.

Hi.

I have recently joined Plusnet and I am having problems with receiving emails is the past week or so.  When I use the Webmail app it is really slow to load messages old and new and refresh in the Google Chrome and  Microsoft Edge.  But today the Webmail app loads but doesn't show anything on screen in the subject box on the right but says I have messages in my inbox.  Then after a few minutes they start to appear, but not all of my new messages.  When you click on an email it takes an age to display on screen.  Also when you click refresh it displays the "checking for new messages..." message box, but today it keeps turning red and flashes up a server error just for a few seconds.  Then changes back to the checking messages, then after a few minutes my emails start to appear.  I have Outlook installed to see if is a browser problem but it is really slow on that updating messages as well.  I have noticed when the Webmail app sorts itself out so does Outlook at the same time.  Can you help?

Thanks Ian

4 REPLIES 4
jjacx

Re: Werid Email Problems.

Hi 

I am having the same problem, can't get emails in webmail and nothing in mail on laptop, but they do come through on my mobile!

been on and off like this for a couple of weeks.

beginning to be very annoying

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

I recommend using another email client. You can set it up in PN settings and you would get PN emails in both.

I have used MS Hotmail (now Outlook) for over a decade and the maximum it can keep is 15 GB

HTH

Dave

jjacx

tried Mailbird lasted 1 day now on thunderbird hopefully better Smiley

glocal
Rising Star

I have been using Thunderbird on different machines with different OSs, K9 on Android, and both flavours of webmail. It doesn't get better I am afraid. The server has major issues and keeps freezing and timing out, and sometimes redelivering all messages often out of order or mixed up. Plus.net has been arguing for years that email is extra and unsupported, so don't expect much.

It shouldn't be too difficult to operate a mailserver these days really, but in my experience as a very long term PN subscriber PN will obsessively refuse to address or even acknowledge certain issues for years for no apparent reason.