Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail fatal error - logged with support 3 weeks ago

tnm

Webmail fatal error - logged with support 3 weeks ago

Hi we are getting this error when we log into webmail:

Server error: STATUS Fatal error : malloc: cannot allocate memory

Cant see any emails in inbox so obviously can't delete any if space is the issue

We logged this with support 3 weeks ago but tech support have not come back with any feedback or resolution. 

In the meantime have called in 4 times but the support people cannot see any feedback from tech support and cannot contact them directly so they can only raise another ticket.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Webmail fatal error - logged with support 3 weeks ago

Hiya @tnm, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the issues with your webmail service and would like to help where I can with this.

When you log in to webmail, can you still see a list of your folders such as inbox etc? If so, if not already tried can you try amending the sorting columns to see if this resolves the issue?

Let us know how this goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
tnm

Hi LaurenB

Many thanks for your response.

I have indeed tried to amend the sorting columns but again I get the same fatal error. I think that there is an issue with the server and need tech support to help but they have not responded to the 4 tickets raised for them by the general support team.

I did however get a call back rom Plusnet general support yesterday who believe that tech support have not responded as the tickets were not raised in the correct way and so tech support just rejected them - hence no progress and no feedback to me. I have been promised  a call back today or Monday so progress perhaps. I will keep you posted....

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @tnm, thanks for getting back to me and confirming.

I can see that a new task has been raised and I am really sorry for the ongoing issues with this and that the previous requests were not raised correctly.

I can see a team is monitoring this for you and will let you know once there's a response from the Net Ops Team.

Let us know how things go.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
tnm

Hi @

It seems there is an issue with the the support process - Net ops reject a support request for some reason and the request then goes into a black hole, no feedback or comms to the customer at all. The support team don't know what's happened and so they raise another request which again goes onto a black hole.

I'm hopeful that Net ops will get to look a the issue now but I will report back on Monday. No response from them so far.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me. I am really sorry for the length of time this is taking to get progressed.

If a task is rejected a new one does need to be creating but our teams should be noting the reference so other agents can monitor this and also update you. I am really sorry that this hasn't happened.

I've had a check on the task for you and can see that it hasn't yet been picked up. If you've not had an update by Monday, just give us a nudge on here and we can take a further look for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
tnm

Hi @LaurenB 

Just logging an update for you: I did not get an update yesterday by 4pm so I called support. They also had no updates for me so while I was on the phone I checked my webmail and I could get in - error had gone! However all my old emails had also gone.

So the support person has requested that the archived emails were unarchived.

No feedback today so I tried to access webmail and cannot access webmail or my account. I called support and they have told me that my password has been changed this morning. I was not made aware of this and they and I do not  have the new password as yet.

I have been told that this is because Net ops are working on it? I guess they are unarchiving the emails.

I have been promised another call back or an email with more information later today. I will let you know if that happens.

Thanks