Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Server Error Failed to send FETCH Command

FIXED
Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Webmail Server Error Failed to send FETCH Command

Hello,  I have been really struggling with Webmail recently.  I am trying to delete emails so that they don't end up being archived again.  Every time I log in to Webmail, I receive a message "Server Error - Failed to send FETCH Command".   I can see the number of messages, but no actual emails.  Can anybody assist please.

34 REPLIES 34
GN

Re: Webmail Server Error Failed to send FETCH Command

I have the same problem and have for a few weeks now. Most frustrating as this is a business email address and I can't access my emails for most of the day. I reported this when it first happened and was told it was because I used Chrome. I've tried using Firefox and Microsoft Edge and it's exactly the same. Reported again today

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello GN, Yes I've been experiencing the same problem for many weeks.  I just thought it was a glitch on my side !

I hope we get a reply very soon,  I don't want all my emails archiving !

molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I have the same problem with Madasafish webmail.  I followed advice on this forum from a year or so ago to go to Inbox list (small icon at far left of column title bar), and set sorting column to none, then save.  This worked very briefly and then everything disappeared again although it was saying that the there should be around 200 emails in my inbox.   Have been trying patiently now for about half and hour and still can't see my emails.

molly8
Rising Star

Is this something that we can do something about as users?  ie is it something like having too many emails in the inbox?  Is there a limit to what the service can cope with?  It is extremely frustrating not to know whether it is something that I could rectify, or whether it is just that your service is very busy and we should give up and come back later!

wilbur1969

I've had the same issue for months, have tried it on 3 different mail clients, and now I can't access the webmail either on 4 browsers, it loads the screen, tells me how many emails I have in my mailbox but doesn't load the actual mails to delete, come on Plusnet sort this out, people are relying on email more and more, get a fix in place please?

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello wilbur1969, Yes, the same problem seems to re-occur time after time.  It is incredibly frustrating.  To be honest I have always found the webmail side very very slow and painful to use.   I was asked to delete my emails using the Webmail Client rather than my own box standard windows version, but it would take forever at this rate.

I'm also certain, that emails that I have previously deleted have re-appeared,  and I am frantically trying to reduce the volume so that my emails don't end up archived again.

In the good old days, you could at least get hold of someone on the phone or via livechat, but not anymore...

It's re-assuring that I'm not the only one experiencing the FETCH Command problem.

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

This is really starting to grate now,  it's taken 20 Minutes to delete One Email.   The Timer just keeps whirling round, blank page, and then eventually same Server Error - Failed to send Fetch Command message.  What is going on Plusnet?   How am I supposed to receive / delete any emails at a rate of One per 20 Minutes.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

I've just waited on the phone for 25 Minutes and eventually managed to speak with an operative.  He has checked and referred this to the back room team.  They will be investigate and come back within 48 to 72 Hrs.   It's going to be a pain in the butt, as I can't read any emails, but at least they are now aware of the issue.

I did try the Squirrelmail link, but unfortunately it didn't work.

andywat
Dabbler

I have this problem too often. Impossible to use email in the afternoon UK time. Morning is dodgy. Frankly, the worst email service I've seen. It has been awful for years. Don't know why they don't just close the service.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

A simple question but why are you using webmail. I never use webmail I have all my mail sent to my computer and control my email that way. thus nothing then in webmail to worry about. Much more reliable.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@andywat wrote: Frankly, the worst email service I've seen. It has been awful for years.

Maybe time to look at other options? It's not as if PN have a monopoly on email addresses. Even getting your own domain name comes relatively cheap nowadays. I have had my own for a very long time but it still hasn't stopped me using a raft load of free email addresses that I use for the more mundane things in life i.e. online shopping etc (and as such are disposable if need be). With all of them, yes they  might have the occasional glitch (measured in hours - I can't recall the last time I had issues though) but on the whole they have all been pretty reliable to access and use.

As for webmail, I must admit I can't recall the last time I used it - been years now. Very easy to get email sent to where it is most convenient to use it i.e. phone laptop etc.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello Wakeman,  I don't use Webmail as my primary email client,  I use the box standard Windows email client.

The problem is that it isn't downloading any messages, So I went into webmail to see if there is an issue.  As it happens there is.  The same issue that a lot of others are reporting on this topic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my Windows email client uses IMAP, and that mirrors what is shown on Webmail (ie. Plusnets own server).  So I don't think it would matter what other email client I use, I believe I would still have the same problem.

Am I wrong?

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello Idonno,  Our Domain name is owned by PN.  If I move ISP's, I take it I would lose that Domain Name.  Do you know if that is correct?