cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Mail issues

Fibreflop
Dabbler

Web Mail issues

For a while now my web mail says server error or service not available intermittently. I don't use it every day but tried to report a problem about a week ago and waited 40 mins for an agent on the online chat to respond, I had to clear down in the end as needed to go to work. Today I did another online chat as still having problems and the agent was very off hand, basically said the service is free so don't expect it to be fixed as a priority!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there wasn't one available .... I am so disappointed, not only with the web mail issues, but the response from the agent. This is from the supplier that says "we do you proud" .......... I have been a customer for quite a few years and felt the response was less than caring today .... 

5 REPLIES 5
bazzer
Pro

Re: Web Mail issues

This issue is mostly covered under my post from some months back:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Webmail-Extremely-Slow/td-p/1334274

PN are not interested in prioritising this issue and recommend you look elsewhere!

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I had the same response from support chat a while back so went elsewhere for mail.

I looked at the packages the other day & they don't appear to include mail so maybe the service was legacy & only being offered on a best effort basis & now it's userbase has outgrown the hardware. This doesn't appear to be unusual as eg. Vodafone's current offerings don't offer mail. Personally I think Plusnet need to decide whether to invest in it & make it part of their offerings or withdraw it.
Fibreflop
Dabbler

Thanks Woodm,

If I changed to another webmail supplier could I keep my email address do you know? That was one of the reasons I stayed with Plusnet ha ha!!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for the intermittent webmail problems. We're providing updates when possible over on our service status page here: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=email

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Just repeating the old service status issues is imho a incredibly poor way to treat the customers. Plusnet included this free add-on service to sell their product and I think we should all phone Ofcom and raise a complaint that you are putting this service availability on the backburner until you sort out the costs for migrating onto a new server (from what I heard it will be sometime in December 2016 ).  Customers depend on their email for so many important  reasons including authorisation of password changes and other finance management or internet shopping confirmation issues. You have neglected your capacity planning forecasting and left the service to 'rot'  into a standstill leaving your customers 'high and dry' . If other members of this forum take action now and all contact the plusnet CEO (you can find his email address on the internet) I am sure they will raise the ante for fixing the issues. I will be phoning Ofcom on Monday to raise this service issue as it is unacceptable.