cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waitrose email

bazzer9
Grafter

Waitrose email

I understand that Waitrose broadband services are actually provided by Plusnet so I thought I'd be cheeky and ask my questions here !
I'm trying to help an elderly friend set up his waitrose email account on his new iPad using the mail app.
Because waitrose.com is not a commonly used email account  (unlike iCloud, Yahoo!, Outlook, Gmail ) it's not so easy to configure and has to be configured under
the "Other" provider section.
Herein  lies the problem.
How do we configure the required fields in the iPad email App  for incoming email/server and outgoing email/server for a waitrose email account with an
email address like  AlbertHall@waitrose.com ?
Also, should we expect to get all of the facilities (e.g. folders, contacts) for a Waitrose email account on the iPad App that one can get with say a Yahoo! email account ?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Waitrose email

I think you may find this setup guide for the iPhone should help https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/support/email/setup/guides/iphone-email-setup.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bazzer9
Grafter

Thanks MisterW, 
The setup guide you refer to seems to work even though it specifies the iPhone rather than iPad setup.
At least we can now add a waitrose account but time will tell how useful it is as we try to receive and send emails.
Part of the complication seems to be that my friend has on old waitrose.com email address but the servers refer to  johnlewisbroadband.com
rather than waitrose.com.
Also for the outgoing server we need to add his full waitrose email address as the user name.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

The setup guide you refer to seems to work even though it specifies the iPhone rather than iPad setup.
Not having either, I guessed they'd be very similar if not the same.
The waitrose ( and Greenbee) services were replaced with the johnlewis brand some while ago.
Also for the outgoing server we need to add his full waitrose email address as the user name.
That does seem to be the case with the JL product.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: bazzer9
Part of the complication seems to be that my friend has on old waitrose.com email address but the servers refer to  johnlewisbroadband.com
rather than waitrose.com.

You can use the server address mail.waitrose.com.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵