cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwarranted Archived Mailbox Email From PN Support

mikeb
Rising Star

Unwarranted Archived Mailbox Email From PN Support

Just W-T-F are PN playing at ... again ?

[quote]
Return-path: <support@plus.net>
Envelope-to: MyMailbox@MyAccount.plus.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset='iso-8859-1'
To: MyMailbox@MyAccount.plus.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Subject: Important information regarding your email account
X-Agent-Received: from Plusnet POP (MyMailbox) (mail.plus.net); Sat, 14 Jan 2023 07:48:54 +0000

Username: MyAccount+MyMailbox

You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:

2019-04-27 23:57:13

We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails will continue to be received.

To stop this from happening going forward you need to access it and collect E-Mail at least once within a 90 day period.

If you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:

https://portal.plus.net/

We will only keep archived email for a limited period of time, after which it will be permanently deleted.

Kind regards,

Plusnet customer support

https://portal.plus.net/
[quote]

This mailbox has been accessed via POP3 no end of times and relatively regularly into the bargain. Definitely within the 90 day limit that's for sure and I can provide irrefutable documentary evidence confirming each and every occasion that it has actually been accessed if/when required.

I have copies of everything within it (and everything that was previously within it prior to the last time PN deleted it) on one system up to and including 24/12/2022. This confirms beyond any doubt whatsoever that contrary to the accusation apparently being made, this mailbox HAS in fact been accessed very recently and on many previous occasions as well which I could also provide dates/times for if I could actually be bothered to look at the historic logs !!!!!

I have just accessed it again today 14/01/2023 at circa 07:48:51 via POP3 and downloaded the entire contents on a different system for archiving purposes. This action appears to have immediately triggered the sending of this completely false and totally unfounded alleged abuse and/or breach of Ts&Cs email from PN. The message has been date/time stamped between me logging in to the mail server and just before the last couple of spammy messages which were received at 14/01/2023 07:50.

PN, YOU ARE WRONG

PLEASE FIX YOUR SYSTEM

PLEASE DO NOT ARCHIVE/DELETE/LOSE

MY WANTED EMAIL DATA YET AGAIN

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue