cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring domain to Protonmail

Manic-Esso

Transferring domain to Protonmail

After what happened yesterday, I have set up a new Protonmail account.

My current email uses my personal domain name, which is registered with Plusnet. How do I go about detaching that domain name from the Plusnet email and transferring it to the Protonmail account?

8 REPLIES 8
amgrafcomics

Re: Transferring domain to Protonmail

I would also like to know how I go about this. I have an old freenetname/madasafish domain that I need to confirm that I own in order to transfer my email addresses to Zoho but I have no idea how to do that. I don't expect I will be able to it until the email problem is sorted out but I would like to set it up so it can transfer smoothly.

wilbur1969

I would also like to know, I have an old domain back from the freenetname days and I'd like to transfer it to a different hosting company, whilst I understand the guys at Plusnet are busy an answer as to how we achieve this would be appreciated.

MFredericks
Dabbler

I think there is a process Plusnet have to help with this - I am sure someone will post the answer on here shortly...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi everybody.

Drop me a private message with the following details and we'll make it happen.

• Account username
  • Domain name
  • IPSTAG of your new registrar / host, if the domain is .co.uk
  • Contact email address, if the domain is .com as we'll need to email you an EPP key

Once you've PM'd me, we may need to raise a ticket on your account you can reply to with confirmation. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Manic-Esso

Regrettably, two weeks have now passed and the account ticket is still unanswered and the domain still is not transferred.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Manic-Esso 

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've chased this up with the team and we'll provide an update as soon as we know more. Once we've changed the IPSTAG you'll need to change the nameservers through your new host's interface.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amgrafcomics

I was waiting quite a while too but once it happens it's really quick. Mine came through on Thursday and once the IPSTAG was changed it was instantly transferred and just needed the nameservers changed, which my new provider did for me within ten minutes of asking for help with it. All working fine now. Thanks to Plusnet team for sorting it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Manic-Esso I prodded a colleague in the right team yesterday and we initiated the transfer to your new registrar. They've asked for what's called as a handshake before they accept your domain though.

Can you contact them to accept and let us know if you have any issues? If you can let me know once your domain's working with your new provider, I'll remove the redundant domain records from our side.

@amgrafcomics I'm glad to see your transfer was smooth. ‌Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet