Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totalise email problem

FIXED
Greeners65
Hooked

Totalise email problem

Hi and good morning

I have a Totalise email account and since Monday have been unable to receive any emails.  I can send them but don't receive them.  I have tried logging on via webmail but it rejects me, and I can't log on to the madasafish site either as I get the same response.

Thanks

David

25 REPLIES 25
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Totalise email problem

Hi David, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you've been unable to receive e-mails.

Your mailbox may be full at the 250MB limit, but there's no easy way of me checking this, so I think it's best if we get into webmail & your account first, then you should be able to check the mailbox size and we can go from there.

Are you logging in to webmail Here or your Madasafish account Here using your full Totalise e-mail address and account password? This should be the same one you use to send e-mails. 

If you've tried this then I'd recommend we change your password which we may have to do over the phone but I'd be happy to call you back if you can private message me a contact number I can ring you on. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Greeners65
Hooked

Hi

Not sure if its your magic, or someone has given the mailserver a kick, but I can now log in.  I think my mailbox maybe full to capacity

Thanks

David

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi David,

Not sure whether this had an impact, but I did 'refresh' the portal login component our side on your account yesterday. 

Either way though, I'm glad to see you're able to login now! ‌Thumbs_Up‌Let me know if you need any further help.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
atmitch
Dabbler

Hi All,

I'm having a similar problem with a totalise sub account, not had any emails for over 24 hrs and I know there are emails waiting.

Please help if you can.

Regards,

Anthony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Anthony,

Can you log into webmail.plus.net OK using your full Totalise e-mail address and password?

Also, have you checked you've not reached the 250MB quota? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
atmitch
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your message, I can login via webmail.plus.net without any problems, my totalise email address is receiving emails but my sub account sales@leather-hides.co.uk is not receiving any emails. All of my email accounts have free space, they have nothing stored. This is a on going problem.

Look forward to your assistance.

Regards,

Anthony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Anthony, thanks for the detail.

I've taken a look at your account again and I'm really sorry for the issues. 

Just to confirm, can you log into webmail using your sub-account e-mail address & password? Are you able to send mail?

If you can't log into webmail, have you tried resetting the specific mailbox password? Some steps Here.

Let me know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
atmitch
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your message, I can confirm that I can access all my email accounts via the webmail and I can also send messages.

The problem lies with my sub email account only (not receiving emails), this has happened a number of times over the last 12-18 months, for some reason I keep getting locked out of receiving emails, and then some get released for a few days and then it starts again.

This problem has been reported a number of times, has yet no total fix as been found.

Regards,

Anthony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Anthony,

If you can access all your e-mail accounts fine via webmail, I'm a little confused, because you've also advised you can't access your "sub-email". Undecided To confirm, can you log into webmail.plus.net using your sub-email address as the username and the relevant password? From there, are you able to send & receive e-mails?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
atmitch
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your message, I am able to login to each of my email accounts via webmail using both my emails and passwords, the problem lies with my SUB email account sales@leather-hides.co.uk

As stated I can access this via webmail, but I don't receive my emails, every now and then some email do come through and then there may be days without emails, some of my contacts get a message saying mail box is full, but I can confirm it's empty.

As stated earlier, this is an on going problem, sometimes your backend team change my password and don't tell me for days or state that my email has been compromised so we have restricted your access, once you have changed your password please contact us and we will allow access, I couldn't change my password because my old password had been changed without being told. I had to contact plus net via telephone to get it changed, I have had many other similar problems over the last 18 months.

Look forward to your assistance.

Regards,

Anthony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Anthony,

I do understand it's an on-going problem with your sub-email account, however I'm trying to get a better understanding so we can help get to the bottom of the issue. If your contacts receive an e-mail advising the mailbox is full, then this will be it. 

I know you've said you believe you're below the 250MB quota though, however webmail can be rather deceptive at times in that some mail on the server may not show correctly or folders may be hidden from sight.

In webmail, could you go to Settings > Folders then make sure all your folders are ticked? If you can then select each folder in turn, click on the Information tab, then "Click to get folder size" adding them all together. 

It may be worth trying basic webmail > https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail if you get any performance issues. 

The reason why we're changing your password though is because during our monitoring we've noticed a number of unsolicited emails being sent from a remote IP address using your account login.

Let me know how it goes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
atmitch
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your message, as requested I have checked each email account and folders and can confirm they are all empty, the inbox may have a few emails, but has already stated there appears to be some kind of restriction on my sales@leather-hides.co.uk

I know I have emails/orders waiting to be received and also confirmed, so that I can in turn receive payment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anthony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Anthony,

I don't believe there's an issue our side, but I'm happy to ask our NetOps folk to investigate further. As part of the investigation, they'll likely need to change your password to try to replicate the issue.

Could you reply to the ticket 221800587 logged on your account to confirm if you're happy with this? 

Also, while I don't want to see you leave us, if this problem is causing a lot of hassle for you running your business, you could move your domain across to a new provider where the support may be better, as our domain services are a little legacy now, which means that we haven't got a dedicated team who handle domains. 

Albeit another provider may want to charge you for the service whereas we're providing it free of charge, and if the issue isn't our side then it's likely to follow you if you do go elsewhere. 

Just my two cents. I'm happy to stick with this though until we've got to the bottom of the problem for you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
atmitch
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your message, I'm happy for you to contact the NetOps folk to investigate further and change my password if required, but if they do change the password I must be told of the new password, they have done this before and left me for days without me knowing the new password.

Your test email did arrive yesterday, along with some test emails I also sent to myself. But there is other emails still not arriving.

Regards,

Anthony