Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird and E_Mail

C1Rider
Grafter

Thunderbird and E_Mail

Hello,

Today I connected via webmail and set up a new mailbox; I used the second option " connect with another " ( can't remember the exact wording ) but I took it to mean connecting with an e_mail client.

I can send e_mail to my Plusnet address from another e_mail service and I can also receive e_mails at the other service from Plusnet using Thunderbird.

My " problem " is the e_mails that I enter are not being saved in the " sent " box nor in the " drafts " box and I haven't yet found a way to make that happen.  I get a " saving to sent " and " saving to drafts " prompt that goes on continually until I manually stop it.

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

Regards..

5 REPLIES 5
C1Rider
Grafter

Re: Thunderbird and E_Mail

Getting there :

Webmail e_mail saved as draft appears in Thunderbird draft folder.

Thunderbird e_mail saved as draft does not appear in Webmail draft folder.

Regards..

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @C1Rider, sorry for the delay in picking up your post and for the issues with your mail.

On your Thunderbird settings, is there an options for 'copies and folders'? If so, is there an option under these settings that you can amend with regards to saving the sent/ drafts?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
C1Rider
Grafter

No worries, you have enough bother without me adding to it.

Last night I found the folder you mentioned and Thunderbird now saves into the " drafts " and " sent " folders.

Unfortunately when downloading from Plusnet the messages saved in the Plusnet " drafts " and " sent " folders do not go into the same " drafts " and " sent " folders in Thunderbird so I need to look a little closer to see where I've gone wrong.

I posted about it on the off chance that someone had experienced the same as I am experiencing.

Basically I need to work out how to make the folders appear " at the same level " in Thunderbird as they are in Plusnet.

That'll keep me out of mischief for a little while <smile>

Regards..

C1Rider
Grafter

That was easy.

All working now, going to the correct folders.

Not being from the " point and click " generation I get confused easily.

Regards..

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Haha, no worries @C1Rider

Thanks a lot for letting us know that it's sorted. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further queries at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds