cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronising Sent items on PC with IPAD

Roger0102

Synchronising Sent items on PC with IPAD

If I send emails on PC they don't show in my IPAD sent items, and vice versa. Emails sent on my IPAD, don't appear in my Sent folder on my pc. Can anyone advise ne as to how to synchronise the two please
5 REPLIES 5
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Synchronising Sent items on PC with IPAD

What software are you using on the PC to collect/send your mail?
I suspect the issue is that the iPad is using the "Sent Items" folder, and your PC is using the "Sent" folder (or vice versa).
B.
Roger0102

Quote from: Barry
What software are you using on the PC to collect/send your mail?
I suspect the issue is that the iPad is using the "Sent Items" folder, and your PC is using the "Sent" folder (or vice versa).
B.
Barry thanks - using Windows Mail, and the pc is storing sent emails in the Sent Items folder within " Local Folders". Emails sent from my Ipad are stored in the Sent folder. Any ideas?
kmilburn
Grafter

Are you using POP3 or IMAP to connect to the server?
The only sensible way to get synchrnoisation is to use IMAP on both machines, and to change the settings to store the sent items in the servers sent items folder. 
For an added bonus, this will make them available in webmail.
For good measure, you can set them move deleted items to the servers deleted items too.
Roger0102

Barry I use IMAP for both pc and Ipad.  Wher do I change settings to store sent items in the server sent items folder?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Try this Roger0102 http://www.cotsweb.com/blog/windows-mail-sent-items-folder-using-local-rather-than-imap-146.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.