cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Can't access emails 14/11

ColinF

Still Can't access emails 14/11

Hi there

Another day with more frustrating attempts to access our businesses emails.

We normally use Outlook 365 client to send and receive emails but this has been broken for days and keep getting send/receive error. I understood (after an hour or so trying to fix the problem) it was a plusnet problem. That was Tuesday. Over the next few days after the (Copy and pasted) update that people should be able to access the emails through the client I gave it ago no like every time.

Meanwhile i have been trying to log on to the webmail. I first couldn't log on at all then i could log on but inbox wouldn't load and kept getting the error fetch command error among others.Today for the first time i managed to get on to and see the inbox only for it to freeze and receive an error.

LONG story short. I really need to access these emails as our business rely on them and it is no use keep refreshing webmail hoping it will work i have managed to delete two emails in about and hour. (a lot of junk email has built up during nearly a week).

Ideally Need to get Outlook 365 working again and/or Plusnet to pull there finger out and fix it.

(I hope i make sense also if anyone can help that would be great!)

7 REPLIES 7
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Still Can't access emails 14/11

Hello @ColinF

Customers should now be able to log in to their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails. We’re working to fix this as quickly as possible and we’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Plusnet broadband and mobile services are not affected.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@adam945 I can send and receive from my main email account but if i try to receive emails to my secondary account ( my wifes) it does not accept the password and is not working.

I presume the password is the same as the main email account.

John

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

John,

The password will be whatever the password was set for the secondary mailbox. It could be the same … if you made it the same. I would log into the user portal, go to mail settings and change the password on the secondary mailbox and try again.

Alternatively you could use telnet to test access to the IMAP server to exclude the possibility outlook problems. See https://inthetechpit.com/2019/07/23/telnet-to-test-connection-to-pop3-imap/amp/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ColinF

to be fair you have just said the same thing as what has been copy and pasted as the update the last few days do we actually have a timeframe?

Roymack

My email access seems to be working ok now thankfully. However, I have some concern that a few incoming emails which have allegedly  been sent, do not appear to have reached me ( I know of 2)..  Have some emails been lost as a result of this problem?

greenfinch1
Hooked

Can only receive not send any emails using Windows Mail.  Get timed out of webmail if I am lucky enough to get in. 

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@Townman  thanks for the advice eventually found the password and updated it now receiving OK. So thanks again