Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Webmail (Round Cube) slow performance mitigation

FIXED
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Standard Webmail (Round Cube) slow performance mitigation

Have you tried using Squirrelmail yet? https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/login.php

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
rogermhunt
Grafter

Thanks very much for the link. Although I had an initial error  (ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: FETCH 19235:19238,19439,19485:19491,19503:19505 (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To Cc From Subject X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type)]) ), it now appears to be working.
Hopefully, MS will find a solution now that it's been formally raised as an issue. In the mean time, I'll use Squirrelmail, so many thanks.

fivebar

I tried the fix but using webmail is still like watching paint dry

patmartin008

Many thanks. As others have already said, webmail has been painfully slow for years. This has made a instant improvement. How PN can't make it a default setting for all users is beyond me. 

bazzer
Pro

I have lost count of the number of hours I have spent trying to view and delete my emails via webmail.

This issue has been ongoing for years and yet, there has been no advance in rectifying the problems.

Multiple error messages, and reappearance of  emails that I deleted.

Is it really that difficult to provide a customer with a reliable webmail service?

I might understand if I had thousands of emails, but I don't. And even if I did, why would that be difficult?

tonyodonnell
Dabbler

I have done this several times and whilst it makes some improvement it does not solve the problem, and mailbox housekeeping still takes a long time. Yesterday whilst using a webmail service from my domain name provided I encountered what looked to be exactly the same system as Plusnet use, but when deployed in their environment it was quickly and effectively allowing mailbox management on multiple mailboxes with over 13,000 messages plus attachments and it was faultless, so I suggest the problems that PlusNet users continue to encounter rest in the environment in which it is deployed not in the raw product.  

bazzer
Pro

The issues I have mentioned are only experienced when I access webmail via a PC/MAC based browser (I've tried several).

If I access via my iPhone/iPad there is no similar issues.

Why is that?

bazzer
Pro

This is typical of the message I receive multiple times a day.

01A6BEF0-A8F1-479F-BE62-7AFB15D70350_4_5005_c.jpeg

I can't always load emails, delete emails or send emails.

What equally annoys me is the lack of PN effort to respond or rectify.

20 Years as a customer, loyalty isn't rewarded.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@patmartin008 this is not a default setting.

The setting change will occur if you click on the column header sort options. Even if you change it back to what it was using the column options, it is not the same as being NONE.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bazzer
Pro

Here's another:

E9700A02-5363-4BB4-BCA9-60F0533E7994_4_5005_c.jpeg

bazzer
Pro

@Kelly  And another:

299CB177-FE76-44D4-94B9-14B0FE4B2496_4_5005_c.jpeg

bazzer
Pro

@Kelly 

Another:

A9798ACA-DF3D-4B1C-9064-5539E51FF3F0_4_5005_c.jpeg

GioC
Grafter

Constantly having the same error.

The problem here is that we are paying for a service and for a very long time, this service isn't being delivered.

Patience is fine and not a problem in waiting to get something sorted that they are aware of, BUT, when there isn't a fix time and one has this many paying customers with the same problem, then that is not good at all.

When I spoke to the support team about this, one of the fixes (which I am happy to grab a screenshot and put here), was to consider using Gmail!... You can't offer that as a fix to a paying customer... Basically saying, "go use another email system as we're basically admitting that ours has issues!"

patmartin008

@Townman I know it isn't. 

"How PN can't make it a default setting for all users is beyond me."

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@GioC The email service provided by Plusnet is a 'free' service, inasmuch as they do not have to provide one, just as you do not have to use it.

To be honest, I personally don't like or particularly use any 'web-based' email service, although I do have Yahoo and Gmail accounts as absolute last resorts.

It is so much easier and safer to use a proper email client where you have control over what happens on it.

John