cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Issue

FF99

Spam Issue

Over recent weeks I have been receiving a constant flow, perhaps even a deluge, of emails which are all notifications of the failed delivety of emails that I have not sent.
The failure message almost always shows the supposed address from which the e-mails were originally supposed to have been sent as a lengthy number of random digits and letters before my actual user name i.e.  B54B2E491@[FF99].plus.com.  The addresees of the e-mails look as though they could be genuine  addresses but that is hard to tell. Some of the e-mails have attachments and some don't.
Today I received a supposed e-mail from an address which is a plus.net mailbox I set up a long time ago, but which is never used and which none of my computers is set up to receive e-mails from.  It was sent to the address from which it was supposedly sent, and to a number of my other plus.net mailboxes which are also never used.
What I am unclear about is whether the supposed bouncebacks are spam which is simply being sent to me, or whether the bouncebacks are actually genuine and indicate that someone is bombarding the world with bogus e-mails from my account which may be getting through to some people but are being bounced back from others.  I can obviously eliminate the former problem (spam I am being sent) with a spam filter, but can I do anything about the latter if that is what it is ?
I have done virus checks and I don't believe I have any viruses.
Hope I have explained the problem clearly enough and grateful for any help !
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Spam Issue

If you can get a copy of the headers to us then we should be able to determine the nature and origin of those messages .
Let me know what mail client you use if you need help finding them and feel free to PM them to me and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FF99

Re: Spam Issue

I did send you some headers by PM, but did not get a reply  Sad
adie:quote