Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving sent emails

Sylstp
Hooked

Retrieving sent emails

Hi,
My issue is unrelated to the above topic.
I wonder if I can retrieve the emails I sent out to date in February from my Plusnet emaill account.
Anybody knows how I can outreach Plsunet about this.
Thanks in advance if you can help.
Regards,
Sylvain
7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Retrieving sent emails

Moderator's note(s):

Above post split to its own thread from https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Email-limit-warnings/m-p/1858383

Duplicate post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Retrieve in what way? How were they lost?

If you are using a POP3 client sent emails are not kept on the server, so if you have lost them from your PC and do not have a back up … they are gone forever.

If you are using an IMAP client … how were they lost? Did you delete them?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sylstp
Hooked

Thanks for the outreach.

I use IMAP.

Because the emails sent could not be seen in the usual sent items foldher in Outlook, I have tried the followings in Outlook:

- file + control parameters + manage profile + date files

- then I changed default file for another foldher

It is possible to find the lost sent emails from IMAP for February (to date) in one way or another?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Check IMAP folder subscriptions. Different IMAP clients can use different folders for the same thing - some times there can be SENT and SENT ITEMS folders.

Also there is an odd characteristic with Outlook in that sent / draft / trash folders do not get synced if there is / is not “inbox” in the root folder setting on the IMAP server settings.

If you log into the mailbox using web mail - do you see the sent items then?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sylstp
Hooked

Then for the extra good guidances.

I have managed to sort out a sent email in Outlook that works now. 

- Yes, the differenent folder names in Outlook can mess up things. 

As you pointed out, I went on Plusnet webmail. I see my inbox mails but the sent mails is emptied.

It is about these sent mails that I am interested to recover for February. (I have a copy elsewhere of the sent mails for January).

For new mails that I send out, the mails gets automatically in a new folder I have created in Outlook that I also see in Plusnet webmail. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In webmail, go to the folders option and make sure that you are subscribed to all of the folders.

Making a folder to be called my sent emails (or whatever) will cause confusions as that might not be what the system seems the sent items folder to be.

Also check outlook email settings regarding where to place sent emails.

Sylstp
Hooked

All works fine. Only remaining issue is if I can fin back somewhere (IMAP) my sent emails that I have lost for the month of February.