Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Android stock email app

engineer_jeff
Hooked

Problems with Android stock email app

Hi

I have a problem with the default android email app.

The format of my email address is set up as usual as [mailbox]@[username].plus.com, but return email address the phone sends is [username]@plus.com.

So I've stopped using my phone to send emails, as I never receive the responses.

Does anyone know how to correct the issue?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Problems with Android stock email app

I use the k-9 email app on android and don't have any problems

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Which “default” email app is it? Google’s or the phone maker’s (eg Samsung)?
Also is it the default email mailbox being set up or an additional one.
Have you tried logging in using webmail?That helps ensure the username, mailbox name and associated passwords match and work.
David
engineer_jeff
Hooked

Default is Samsung's.

Yea I can use webmail and have done when needed, which I use at work to access my home account but I find it's a lot slower in operation than the dedicated phone apps.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In that case the default is Samsung specific, probably similar to Google’s but not necessarily the same.
Still need answer to “is it the default mailbox that is being set up or an additional one?”
David
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I'll go +1 for K9, been using it for years. Very customisable and easy to use.I couldn't get on with the Samsung client.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Yup, I gave up with any stock android email clients long ago. Problem is they're all slightly different, so when you change devices youve got to work out how to configure and use it again

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Shouldn't be any issues with the Samsung app. Maybe trash the email account and set it up again, paying particular attention to any fields that require an email address as input.

I used to be an advocate of K9 but abandoned it some time ago because it doesn't play well with recent iterations of Android's battery saving mechanisms.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵