cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet email account locked for three days

BenG70

Plusnet email account locked for three days

On tuesday I recieved an email from plusnet support team (Question 237479154) saying one of my two email accounts had been flagged up as hacked and therfore locked.The message implied both email accounts were locked but one email address continues to work.

As a result I changed the common password for the plusnet broadband account and both email accounts. This has not fixed the problem with the locked account. I was told this was a know issue with other users also and would be resolved in two to three days. What can be done to get the email account going again. I have tried both the installed PC email program and webmail with no success.

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Plusnet email account locked for three days

Have you updated the password within the e-mail client? Also, when logging into webmail, are you using the updated password and if so, do you receive any particular error message?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet email account locked for three days

Changing the password for your main Plusnet account (used for broadband, the portal and such like) will only affect your main email account, which would have the same username as you log into the portal as.  If you have created any other mailboxes these would have separate passwords, though you could have entered the same password.  With that changing the main password wouldn't affect the other mailboxes.  You should be able to change the passwords for other mailbox by going here and clicking edit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.